Try To Stay Calm

I was staring at my food and felt queasy. I didn't even know feeling sick was possible in this digital hell. Pomni looked at me for a moment.

"Are you feeling alright?" She asked me. I stayed silent, my words refused to come out of my mouth. So I simply shrugged.

"I'll...be fine..." I choked out. Pomni reluctantly continued eating, though she could clearly tell that it was a lie. I was simply poking the digital steak with my fork, unable to gain the courage and stomach to eat anything. Suddenly Caine appeared out of nowhere.

"How are you enjoying the lovely food that Bubble made? He's a wonderful chef, isn't he, Y/N?" Caine asked me. His voice was too loud for my liking, but I decided to not comment on it.

"Uh, it's nice," I muttered. I didn't have the guts to tell Caine that I haven't even tried a single piece. Though, whether Caine realized or not, he simply smiled.

"I'm glad!" Caine exclaimed. "We just want to make you feel welcomed here, in this digital circus!"

I gave him a reassuring smile, though I was slowly dying inside. Caine once again disappeared, and everybody else seemed to be finishing up eating. I sighed as I stood up. I need some fresh air or something so I don't feel sick anymore.

While people were leaving the table, probably going to do their own thing now, I decided to leave the tent and head over to the digital lake. I needed fresh air, and somewhere peaceful to get my thoughts straight.

I sit down in front of the lake, letting my legs stick under the water. The brisk cold of the water felt soothing to my upset stomach. It almost gave me a sense of clarity.

I was taking deep breaths, trying to calm down my body and mind from this terrorizing situation. I just wanted to go home...and I don't even remember what home was, but I know it wasn't here.

I stared at my reflection in the lake, and gasped. I finally know what I look like, and I look so different than how I vaguely remembered looking...it was kinda scary. Though, I did look kinda cute, just like all the others.

I closed my eyes, breathing in and out of my nose. My nausea slowly went away as the fresh air went through my digital lungs.

Though, I still felt a bit sick. But I tried to ignore it. Eventually I opened my eyes again and ended up staring at my own reflection, which was staring back at me. I dipped my hand in the water, feeling the harsh cold curling around my fingers.

Wouldn't it be so easy to jump? To drown? To...finally leave this hellscape?

No...I can't think like that. I'm not a quitter, and I sure wouldn't want to end my life abruptly because of an inconvenience. Maybe I can somehow live like this for the rest of eternity. I wouldn't know unless I gave it a try. It's only my first day here, after all.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked me. I turned around to see Ragatha.

"Hm? Oh, hey Ragatha," I greeted her. She sat next to me, though she ended up crossing her legs, so she doesn't get her legs wet like I was doing.

"Isn't outside so peaceful?" Ragatha asked me.

"Yeah. It helps me finally find some sort of peace in this new place."

Ragatha smiles, "it sure does. It helps stay away from the commotion, you know?"

"Yeah, I do. What made you want to come out here?"

"Oh, just fresh air. It gets stuffy in the tent sometimes. What about you?"

"Same reason," I lied. I didn't need her to worry about me--I'll be fine. Ragatha nods and smiles sweetly.