Decorating

"The adventure for today will be to decorate this tent for Christmas!!!"

We all let out a gasp. Christmas? It's Christmas soon? And I'll be...without my family...? My mouth was agape.

"Wait, why can't you decorate it?" Zooble groaned.

"Because that would be boring. You guys deserve to decorate this tent however you want for Christmas!"

"However we want?" Jax gasped. "You're too generous..."

"Nothing dumb or scary, Jax," Caine hissed. Jax crossed his arms.

"Bor~ing," Jax mumbled. Caine ignored his antics and continued explaining.

"I'll be teleporting you guys to the digital store that's stocked with Christmas stuff! There's no money limit, so go WILD!! At the end of the day, you'll be decorating the tent! While I'll be setting up the Christmas tree!"

Without much warning, we teleported to the "digital store" that had ONLY Christmas stuff. We all walked into the store. The smell hit me right away. It reminded me of pine trees and some sort of spice. Cinnamon or something.

"Whoa..." I muttered as I looked at the interior of this Christmas-themed store.

"Cool, right?" Ragatha chuckled. "We do this usually every year. We also do Secret Santa too, but that's every other year. Christmas is usually one of the only holidays that make us feel alive for once."

"Awesome," I agreed. "Though...I wish I could celebrate it with my actual family..."

Ragatha gave me a look of sympathy.

"Same...but we shouldn't complain and let's stay in the holiday spirit!"

I nodded as I grabbed a paper bag to hold everything. I started searching, trying to see what to buy and how I should even decorate the tent in the first place.

I put some Christmas lights into the bag at first, since I love the look of Christmas lights. Certainly in the dark. While I was looking around some more, Pomni walked up to me.

"U-Um...could you help me look for some decorations? I'm n-not good with ideas..." Pomni muttered. I gleamed at her.

"Of course I can!" I exclaimed. Pomni's expression lit up as she smiled.

"Yay! Let's g-go!" Pomni ordered as she gripped my hand and dragged me to the back of the store. "How should we decorate the tent?"

"Hmm...I dunno. I already have Christmas lights in my paper bag. What ideas do you have besides more Christmas lights?"

"Maybe some tinsel, o-or we can stuff for exterior as well, like a fake small Christmas tree to also place l-lights on, or...stuff like that?"

"Fantastic idea!" I exclaimed. I grabbed a snow globe from the top shelf. "Should we also put fun winter items around the tent too? Like some snow globes, or maybe some cute reindeer plushies too or something."

"Yes! That's perfect."

I smiled as we started putting stuff in the paper bag I was holding. We put in some snow globes, a couple fake trees, some tinsel, a couple Christmas plushies, and some fake snow as well, just to add a special touch.

After shopping, we bought the items and then Caine appeared in front of us.

"Done already?? I guess you guys can help me with the tree if you want! Bubble is...not that helpful."

"Sure!" Pomni and I agreed. Caine teleported us two back to the tent. The tree (if you can even call it that) was on the floor, pine leaves were everywhere as Bubble was trying to eat the tree.

"What the--?" I gasped.

"See what I have to deal with?" Caine groaned. I sighed as I used my magic to turn the tree right side up, and I cleaned up the tree--using my magic, of course. "...You cleaned the tree like it was easy!"

"Thanks to the magic you gave me," I noted. "Don't you also have the same magic?"

"Y-Yes...but I get a bit lazy..." Caine muttered under his breath. I shake my head playfully as I grabbed a box full of ornaments.

"Let's decorate the tree now," I ordered. Pomni nodded and went over to where I was. We picked out the ornaments from the cardboard box and started placing them on the pine tree. Caine simply disappears with Bubble, letting us do all of the work. Touche.

"So he simply left?" Pomni gasped, speaking my thoughts clearly.

"Yep...he made us do all the dirty work."

"K-Kinda expected he would..."

"Let's just continue, and then we can start decorating the tent early as well."

"Agreed."

With that, we started decorating the tree.

~~~

This chapter isn't as long as I hoped, but this is preparing us for the Christmas chapter that'll happen tomorrow! I really do hope that this chapter was enjoyable to read, and I do hope you guys have a wonderful rest of your day as well! <3

-Sincerely, CB