Hanging with the Clown Girl

I was sitting at the wooden desk that was near the tire swing, and tried practicing my magic tricks. The cards wouldn't fully cooperate, regardless of all the hand movements and how the magic seemed to be working. The cards were flying everywhere, and I couldn't make a comprehensible magic trick with them. Maybe I can simply do a cool card trick by making them fly all over the stage or something? I don't know.

While I was practicing my card trick, though, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

I left the cards on my desk and opened the door to find Pomni. She smiled wearily.

"H-Hey...could I hang out with you? I'm bored and you seem...nicer than the other ones here. N-Not like they're not nice or anything! They are! B-But..."

"I understand what you mean, Pomni, don't worry. I would love to hang out with you!" I exclaimed. Pomni cutely smiled, and kinda looked excited to hang out with me.

"R-Really??"

"Of course! What would you like to do?"

"Can we just hang out in your room? According to Jax, it was the best room here."

"When did Jax say that?"

"He was muttering to himself in a salty tone about 'how it's unfair that the newbie gets the best room' and stuff..."

"Alright, I guess you can come in."

I moved out of the way so Pomni could see my room. Her eyes widened as I closed the door behind her.

"W-What? Your room is the best!!" Pomni gasped.

"Haha...I guess so," I chuckled. "I doubt it's the best, though."

"No, it is. Fair and square."

"Thank you. I doubt anybody's room is bad though."

"No, our room isn't bad, but yours is the best."

"Well, thanks."

Pomni climbed onto one of the horses on the carousel. She struggled a bit because of how short she is, but she eventually climbed up onto the white horse with a golden crown.

I decided to go on the carousel with her, and I hopped onto the horse behind her.

I pulled the lever and the horses started moving on the carousel. Pomni smiled, she seemed to really be enjoying herself.

"This is actually pretty fun," Pomni giggled.

"Yeah, I suppose it is," I agreed with her. Once the carousel stopped, Pomni and I hopped off. "What do you want to do in my room?"

"Honestly...I don't know. Maybe we can just talk or something? Since...I need somebody to talk to. If that's alright, of course."

"It is! What's on your mind at the moment?"

"W-Well...I'm just worried...I'm new to this place too, and it's just all too scary for me. W-When people reach their breaking point, there's this thing called 'abstraction,' and I'm worried about being abstracted because of how much I overthink...I d-don't know what to do!"

Pomni was clearly worked up, but she was trying to stay strong and not cry--it was heart breaking.

"Pomni...you'll be okay, I promise. If you ever need to talk to anybody, I'm here for you, okay?" I reassured her. She looked at me. Her cute multi-colored eyes were big and bright, trying to search for some sort of malice in my tone. But there was none. Only positivity and reassurance.

"You mean it?" Pomni gasped.

"Of course I do. I'm here for you, Pomni."

I place my hand on Pomni's shoulder as I smile. Pomni's eyes glistened in the light as she smiled sweetly.