265 | Addicted

MAX ENTERS AN EMPTY cathedral that has been locked by the staff so the Brotherhoods wouldn't be able to enter and vandalize it like what they did to the dorms. The students don't usually enter the cathedral on a regular basis, but the emptiness still feels unsettling.

     Justice leads Max further inside and brings him to a private room where the nuns would usually have their lunch. "Wait here," he says.

     "Am I going to be ambushed here?" Max then asks him, making the president laugh.

     "If that's what you thought then you shouldn't have followed me here," Justice answers, and Max just shrugs his shoulder before taking a seat. "Anyway, just wait there. I'll call Levi."

     Max nods his head in understanding, and Justice finally walks out of the room, leaving Max alone inside. The room was quiet, and there was something about the atmosphere that felt eerie. Max wasn't the religious type, but he couldn't deny the fact that churches always scared him. There's something about it that makes him feel restless.

    "Archbishop..." Max whispers under his breath when he sees a picture of him on the wall. Max stared at the photo for a while, but then he remembered what Justice told him earlier. The Archbishop isn't the person J.S High has been looking for. He's not related to Payton Wolfe, but he could be connected to someone else. The person related to what happened to PHD during the Reranking is a totally different person, and Justice believes that it might be one of the brotherhoods. But who could it be? Who from the Brotherhood is connected to Payton Wolfe and Paradox?

     Could it be Elijah Memphis Valor? Uchdryd Rease? Or someone unexpected like Ruby Rose? Has Max been focusing on the wrong person all this time? Or has someone purposely led him to concentrate on the wrong person?

     "Sinclaire," a voice suddenly calls out, making Max snap back to his senses. He looks up and finds a tall pale man approaching him. Without any second thought, he quickly stands and bows his head to the Saints' Vice President. Levi is surprised, but he smiles and bows his head back to him.

     Max has never gotten a good look at Levi, but he couldn't deny his resemblance with his sister. The two looked almost identical.

     "It's nice to finally speak to you like this, Sinclaire."

     "Likewise."

     "Uchdryd is usually the type to drive away the people who want to speak with me. That's why I was surprised when he told me to personally meet with you. What kind of information did you give him to make him bend like that?" Levi then tells him, making Max chuckle this time.

     "Rest assured, I didn't give him any information. Neither white nor black," Max confidently says, excluding the part where he blackmailed Uchdryd after figuring out that he asked Vesper to get a DNA sample from him.

     "Shall we take a seat?" Levi then asks, but Max waits for him to take a seat first before grabbing a chair for himself.

    When the two of them were now comfortable, Max cleared his throat and bowed to him again. "Thank you for going out of your way to speak to me like this despite everything that's been happening for the past week. I know the council has been busy, but this really means so much to me," Max genuinely tells him.

     "You're very polite."

     "To the right people," Max responds, making Levi laugh.

     "I bet it's because you have so many questions. Probably about Grey, or about Joon, or maybe a little bit of both," Levi assumes, which was exactly what Max was hoping for.