Chapter 2

MIKE'S POV

         As if on cue, my mum pulled up in the driveway just as Sam whispered in my ear."You are going to be okay, we are all rooting for you" I smiled, patting his shoulders in appreciation.

        He fell a step behind me as I muttered a thanks and strolled towards my mother who was already waiting for me by the trunk of the car.

        "Hi mum" I greeted sluggishly as I put the box in the trunk closing it. "Have you found a new house yet?"

         "Not yet" she replied in a sharp voice settling in the front seat beside me.

        I nodded and rested my head on the back of my chair not wanting to push the subject. Knowing her, She would make sure we left tomorrow,  even if it meant sleeping in our car. 

        The rest of the car ride was silent, except for the low music playing in the car. I was thankful she didn't try to make small talk, or ask about my last day at school.

        I was already feeling like shit as it is.

          When we finally pulled up in our driveway. She turned to me squeezing my hands reassuringly but I kept my eyes glued to my window. I didn't  want her to see the tears that was forming in my eye.

         "Mike?" She called out scanning  the side of my face. "I did find a place for us to stay, but it's with an old friend of mine. It's just  going to be just a few months before I get things going again."

       All the anger I had been bottling up seethed through me as she said that, and I took a sharp breath trying to calm myself down as I turned to her.

      "I know dad did a terrible thing, and I'm a hundred percent I can't get half of what you're going through. But do you really want us to go stay with some strangers just to feed your ego? I'm already leaving all my dreams behind just to be with you at these hard times, but please consider how I feel before you make decisions"

         Yanking my hand away from hers, I came out slaming the door shut as I walked into the house leaving my stuff in the trunk. I felt really deflated and just needed to take my mind off things.

     So, took my phone out of my pocket dialing Sam. It rang for a while before he finally picked up on the second ring.

          "Hey! could you come over for like an hour? I we can play video games or something?" I asked in a quiet voice.

          "No can't do captain, I'm busy. Plus we agreed to meet up tomorrow right?" he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

        "This is not the time for jokes" I replied rolling my eyes.

        "I'm sorry Mike, but I really can't right now. I'm busy"

       I was about to plead, when I heard Anna asking him who that was on other side making me frown immediately.

       "bitch" I mumbled under my breath, ending the call.

         I was just about to toss my phone away when my screen lit up.

        Sam: I heard that.

        I scoffed, ignoring him as I threw my phone on the bed throwing the t-shirt I was wearing over my head and into the humper.

       Sighing, I went over to my cuboard removing all my clothes from them and placing them in my box. I had to do what she said wether I liked it or not.

          I stood Infront of my room AN HOUR later looking into the almost  empty room. I had packed the remaining of everything except for the clatter of boxes in the side and my bed.

         Throwing my legs into my pair of flipflops, I went out to get my stuff in the trunk and immediately felt bad when I got to the sitting room and found them sitting there. She must have  had to carry the heavy box herself and I began to think if I had overreacted.

          I went over to her door knocking quietly. But after getting no reply, I pushed the door open only to find it  empty.

       I was panicking. She rarely went out without telling me.

       I quicky went up to my room picking up my phone and dialing her number in panick. She picked after the first ring.

       "Where are you ?" I questioned staring at the clatter of boxes.

        "Can you chill?" She breathed in her usual tone from the other side and I immediately relaxed.

       "Mum where the fuck are you?Do you know how worried I've been?"

         "Don't use that tone with me" she warned and I could hear her let out a loud breath. "I just went out to finalize the sale of the house we can talk  when when I come back". And before waiting for a reply, she cut the call.

          Running my hand through my hair, I walked back to my room sitting on my bed tiredly. She was pissed at me and it was entirely my fault. She was stressed up about everything already and I kept nagging her knowing this wasn't her fault.

          The last few months had been a rough patch in our family. We found out my dad had another family and my mum was tagged the mistress. They didn't even stop there, they called my mum's office and made them fire her even if she had already filed for a divorce then and my father didn't even have the decency to defend her Infront of his other family, and instead allowed her to take the fall.

       I hated him so much.

        With everything happening, she decided it was best for us leave town all together. And that meant I had to leave to, including all my achievements behind.

       I had to be the man and suck everything up. But in truth, it broke me to hear her cry in the middle of the night, and had to hug her. Even though I also needed comforting just as much.

         I was supposed to become the captain of our basketball club next session, but now that I was changing schools, it felt like all my efforts to prove myself here was just a waste.

       I threw myself back on my bed, letting my legs dangle from the side. I  had to suck it up because there was nothing I could do,  my principal had already approved my transfer and I just had to go along with everything.

         The creaking of the front door a few minutes later made me run to the sitting room to catch her before she entered her room. We needed to talk things out, we only had each other after all.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Awnnn I love the fact Mike is a mummy's boy🫶❤️

Please vote.
Teegirl:⁠-⁠)