Chapter 18 - The DC

Remington Leywin

Xyrus Academy

We entered the grand, rune covered building heading towards the check in counter. Elijah and Art leading, I motioned to Sylv as we snuck off. Arriving at a hidden door, we opened it to reveal the backstage area of the auditorium. Cynthia sat in an arm chair as a group of students stood not too far from her. They seemed to be rehearsing their lines. "Welcome, you two! Thank you, for following my directions." Cynthia said, not one of the students looked over at us.

'Tess, Lilia, Jarrod . . . Clive is there too I suppose. I wonder when Sylv's going to notice.'

I shifted my weight to my right leg as Sylv gave a small curtsy. "It's always a pleasure to see you, Cynthia."

"I must say you two look wonderful in academy attire. Also your both scholar mages? I must say with the skill sets you both have I am quite surprised. I take it Arthur is also a scholar mage?" Cynthia said resting her head on the back of her hand. "You three have a tendency to stick together from what I've gathered."

At the mention of Art, Tess' ears perked up. She began to look around till her eyes landed on us, eyes widening in surprise and joy.

"You'd be right in that assumption. We, however, owe you gratitude Cynthia for allowing Sylv and I to skip the check in." I said grinning.

{Do you see Tess over there?}

A flood of excitement flooded through our link as she finally noticed Tess. Tess started making her way over to us, Lilia following. "Of course, Remington. However, since you owe me, I'd like to cash that in."

I sighed mentally as I knew exactly what she was going to ask.

Sylv, Tess and Lilia had a small reunion as I discussed terms with Cynthia.

———

After the introduction of the Student Council, Sylv and I followed Cynthia as she began explaining the Disciplinary Committee to us or more so Sylv. She originally asked, if either Sylv or I could be second in command but we swiftly denied. Being in DC was more than enough in our books.

We arrived at the DC quarters where she gave us a tour of the accommodations and much to my confusion our rooms. Cynthia insisted on such and planned to offer Art the other DC members the same thing.

'I don't believe this was apart of the story. I wonder how many members are going to accept the DC quarters as their dorms.'

Cynthia proceeded to tell us of the current students she is going to invite into the DC. Among those was a name I had not expected. But due to our own anomalous existence I shouldn't exactly be surprised. Circe Crestless, or Milview I should say, an Alacryan sentry responsible for the mapping and invasion of Elshire Forest. If I recall correctly, she had 3 chapters dedicated to her pov of the war.

"Well, that is all you need to know about the DC. I appointed or will be appointing Claire Bladeheart as Captain, she will be deciding her vice." She winked at us. "Tomorrow, will be your introductions to each other and to the school as a whole. And don't worry Art will be invited, too. I am sure he will join once he hears of you two being involved."

{I kinda figured she'd try to keep the 3 of us together, I mean we even chose the same classes.}

[I think we're getting a tad bit too predictable.]

{Agreed.}

"And just so you two know, your Captain will be down here soon enough. Your uniforms are in your rooms, try not to get out of hand will you." She left as the two of us stood rosy cheeked. Shaking my head, I looked around the room examining the best possible places to secure safety measures.