0.5

~1950 20 years later~

"We're almost there!"  Alice was practically vibrating with excitement.

The vampires were running alongside the two shifters through the woods in Forks Washington.  Amari was too anxious to admire the beauty that was around her.  She felt bad for being so anxious because she knew that Tommy was just as excited as Alice was.  He tried to reel it in for her sake.  All of a sudden, she felt a wave a calm rush over her like a gentle wave.  She looked over at Jasper and nodded in thanks.  Jasper nodded back and focused on the approaching house they could see in the distance.

Amari was flooded by a flowery scent as five golden-eyed vampires made themselves known.  The groups both stopped in front of each other.  The oldest looking man started making greetings which Amari was vaguely aware of Alice reciprocating.  Her focus was on the biggest and burliest looking vampire standing next to a gorgeous blonde vampire.  The blonde woman was staring at her and Tommy with disgust while the burly man was looking at them with curiosity.  Amari, however, was being bombarded by memories of a large dark haired man dragging her by her hair to the rooms.

The rooms were well known to the prisoners, men and women alike.  The owners did not have a preference who they pleasured themselves with.  The dark haired man, who Amari never got the name of, had taken a liking to Amari when she first arrived at the camps.  He enjoyed her spitfire attitude and enjoyed breaking it even more.  The burly vampire standing if front of Amari shared a shocking resemblance to her tormentor.

Tommy felt Amari stiffen beside him.  He was acutely aware of heart rate speeding up and saw the glossy look in her eyes.  He has seen her stuck in a flashback before, but they were always able to get away from the situation with ease.  Here and now, they were not able to just run away.  Instead, he gently leaned his slightly larger body on hers and let out a slow and gentle rumble.  Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the bronze haired vampire, who had introduced himself as Edward, lean over to Rosalie and Emmett, who Amari had been staring at, and explain something too low for him he hear.  He then saw Emmett look back at him and Amari with a guilty face and Rosalie stared at them with shock and, surprisingly, understanding.  It was a far cry different from the scowl that she was giving them earlier.

Everyone started making their way inside.  Jasper nodded at Tommy and said, "Stay out here and calm her down," after everyone left.

Tommy just sent him waves of gratitude as Jasper turned to follow after the others

Tommy shifted back and started talking to Amari.  "You're safe, Amari.  You're okay.  I am here.  Tommy.  You are safe."

Amari was able to focus on Tommy's voice and focused on him in front of her.  She breathed in his oaky smell and let the alcohol and BO fade from her nose.  

"There you are.  We are okay.  It's okay."

A knock on the back door caused the couple to look at the house.  Rosalie was standing there waiting to see if it was okay to approach the scared shifter.  Tommy looked at Amari who was staring at the blonde vampire.  She recognized the look in Rosalie's eyes.  It was the same look that Amari saw in herself when she looked in the mirror.  Haunted.  Amari nodded her head.

"I just want you to know that Emmett is not going to hurt you.  I know how you are feeling.  But he saved me.  He wouldn't hurt a fly."  Rosalie spoke earnestly.

Amari believed her.

"Please, come inside.  You don't have to go near him, but just see how different he is from those that hurt you."

Amari knew that she could trust Rosalie, and so, she shifted back and the two shifters followed the vampire into the house.  Emmett was laughing with Alice, his big body a shocking comparison to Alice's petite one.  There was no danger to be seen.

Amari turned to the blonde beside her.  "I'm Amari."

"Rosalie; it's nice to meet you."