1.1

Amari and Tommy were walking hand in hand to the cars in the school parking lot.  Finally, Amari thought, it's the end of the day.  The couple reached the cars where Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper were waiting.

"Where's Edward?" Tommy questioned.

"Something happened in his biology class."  Alice looked worried.  It was a far cry different than her cheerful attitude from earlier.

Just as she finished talking, Edward stormed out of the school building with a furious look on his face.  He walked right passed the rest of the siblings and straight to his car.

"He'll meet us at home.  Let's go."  At Alice's instruction, the eternal teens left the parking lot behind Edward.

The first thing that Edward said when they reached the Cullen household was, "I'm leaving."

Amari simply rolled her eyes and walked to her room.  She did not want to hear the drama that was going to come out of her adopted brother's mouth.  Amari loved Edward very much.  They would sit at the piano together and she would listen to him play to relax her.  He was a quiet presence that brought her the ease an older brother would.  However, he was still frozen at 17, which meant that things were often taken to the extreme with him.  Amari knew that things would blow over shortly, but she did not have to listen to everything as it was going down.

The following days at school, Edward was not with the Cullen siblings.  While the majority of the student body was unaffected by this occurrence, Isabella Swan spent every moment she could staring at the siblings, making Amari uncomfortable.  By the end of the week, Amari was not a fan of the new girl.  She didn't understand why the girl couldn't mind her own damn business.

"Love, you need to relax just a little bit," Tommy said while rubbing Amari's back at lunch.

"At the very least, you need to stop glaring at her," Emmett laughed.

"She has every right to glare at the human.  Isabella should focus on anything else."  Rosalie lightly slapped Emmett's chest as she said this.

"Thank you, Rose," Amari smiled slightly.

"She's just curious, guys.  Everything is going to work the way that it's supposed to," Alice grinned.

"What does that mean?" Tommy asked raising an eyebrow.

"You shall see."  Alice then turned back to the window.

That afternoon, when school was done, the siblings were all doing their own thing throughout the house.   Amari was soaking in a rose scented bath and Tommy was reading in the window.  Amari had her eyes closed and was basking in the gentle scent that was coming from her bubbles.  Her tense muscles felt like they were finally loosened.  Listening to the soft page turning from her love in their room almost put Amari to sleep.

Like a rock hitting a window, Amari's serenity was shattered with the entrance of her adopted brother.

"Hello everyone," Edward announced as he entered the large house.

Amari sighed in disappointment as she made her way out of the bath.  She walked into her and Tommy's room and put on her fluffy grey robe.  She then made her way down the stairs to greet her brother.

"Hi Edward.  It's good to see you again."  She gave the boy a short hug and small smile.

"Hi, Amari.  I'm sorry that I interrupted your bath.  That was not my intention."  He returned a small sheepish smile.

"It's alright.  The water was getting cold anyway." Both siblings knew that that was a lie as there was a very obvious warmth emanating from her skin that said otherwise.  Edward appreciated the thought, though.

The others then made their way toward Edward and Amari backed off.  She may be comfortable around her adopted family, but she still did not do well when crowded.

Tommy reached for Amari's hand and smiled at her the way that she always felt she didn't deserve.  His eyes were always filled with admiration and endless love.  "I'm proud of you," he whispered.

"Why?" Amari whispered back.

"You were nice."

"I'm always nice," Amari scoffed.

"Of course you are, my love," Tommy laughed kissing her on the forehead.