CLXXXVIII- Reunion

The last few days I've been a nervous wreck. I haven't seen Becca in so long and she's on her way over now. Jenny thought it would be good to spend some alone time together. I think she wants us to re-bond. Only I don't think that all of this is necessary. We're both adults, who somewhat grew apart. There aren't any hard feelings, at least not on my end.

Still, I don't think she's very excited to see me. Or else why didn't she tell me she was coming? Why did she run straight to Jenny? I guess I thought we were stronger than we are.

When I hear a knocking sound I all but jump off of the stool I'm sitting on. I shake off my anxiety as I stand. This is it, I think to myself, just be cool. Why do I feel like I'm about to meet a stranger I just happen to know a lot about? It doesn't matter, I just need to get this over with.

Flexing my hands, I reach for the door and open it. Only it's not Becca on the other side, it's, "Luke?"

"Hey, Livia." He says shyly. "Can I come in?"

I laugh shortly before stepping aside to allow him entry. I can honestly say I was not expecting him to show up. "What-um-" I cleared my throat. "What are you doing here?" I didn't know they were back together.

Luke sticks his hands in his pockets as his eyes move around the apartment. I take this time to look at him. He's almost the exact same. With short, dark hair and a slender frame. The only difference is his stubble growing in. Luke's eyes land on me. "I was in town and thought I'd stop by."

"Okay?" Any minute Becca is going to show up. "Is Becca with you?"

Luke bites his bottom lip nervously. "No, actually, I uh-" He takes one hand out of his pocket and gestures to me. "I'm here for you."

This is getting more confusing by the second. "Is Shawn here?"

"Yeah, he's in his office." He agreed with Jenny about Becca and I spending some time alone. "Shawn!?" I yelled out in hopes he would hear me.

A few moments later, Shawn shuffles out of his office. He stops the second he notices Luke standing beside me. "Luke? Hey!" A smile lights up Shawn's face as he crosses the space to give Luke a hug. "I thought you and Becca weren't together any-" He trails off once he sees the look on my face. "-Or, or not." Shawn takes a step back. "What's going on?"

"I think we should sit." Luke suggested as he headed over to the couch in the living room. We follow in suit, Shawn and I sitting side by side, and Luke in the chair across us. My nerves for Becca have turned into something else. Because whatever he came all this way for, can't be good. "I came here, partly hoping that I'd run into Becca, but also because there's something you should know."

"Okay." Shawn said.

"I know you have roots in Brookview, so the next time you take a trip you should be prepared. Um," He struggles to find the words, meanwhile I'm dying of anticipation. "Dean is back. Living with his dad."

There's a dead silence for what feels like a long time. Both Shawn and Luke stare at me like I'm going to break any second. I'll admit that even the thought of running into him again sends chills down my spine. But he doesn't scare me anymore. "Oh." I say eventually. "Thank you for telling us." In all honesty, he didn't need to fly across the country to tell me this. On the other hand, I know who he's really here for.

"That's it?" Luke asked.

I shrug, "I'm sorry, what reaction were you hoping for?" I get it, the last time I had a run in with Dean I almost died. Actually, that's happened a few times and I freaked out every time. I'm different now though, I'm better. The wonders of therapy, and all of that.