Chapter One: The Poorly Morning.

You're fast asleep in Nat's bed after having a wonderful time the previous night watching fireworks and enjoying a lovely barbecue, there was sausages, burgers, corn on the cobs, chicken skewers, potato salad, coleslaw, drinks and much more. Nat has been watching you sleep while keeping you warm the entire night, she had gently moved you a little so she could get out of bed, she made absolute sure to not wake you as she noticed you were congested and had been coughing throughout the night. Nat kept an eye on you while she sat on the couch opposite the bed, she picked up her notepad and pen before placing it on the little table beside the couch. She turned to her right and turned on the coffee maker, she knew it would not wake you as she had it fixed so it wouldn't make a noise, she made her morning coffee and poured some blood from a bag into her coffee. She started to write as she sipped her bloody coffee but would pause every few moments to check if you'd woken up yet. She loved watching you sleep because you looked peaceful and relaxed which made her relaxed and happy too.

You started to wake up and started coughing sharply, it sounded like you'd put glass in a blender! "Fucking hell Angel that sounded painful. Are you okay my Darling?" Nat asked as she vamp sped to your side, you put your hand on her arm and smiled a little, Nat would often use her vampire speed to rush to your side whenever you needed her or something sounded or looked bad in her eyes. You looked up at the muscular vampire which is Nat and smiled softly as you said "It's okay, I'm okay! It just sounds worse than it really is." Nat gently stroked your cheek as she pressed a kiss on your forehead. "I will make you some coffee and go check if there's medicine for you in the cupboard! If not then you'll stay with Wanda and I'll quickly nip out and get you some okay?" Nat said to you in a husky but gentle tone, it was sweet when Nat showed how much she cared for you and she always finds a way to keep you happy and make you better. You held her arm as your eyes met hers as you said "Thank you but I think I'll be okay without medicine, it's just a morning cough." Nat chuckled softly and said "It wasn't much of a question my Darling, I've watched you all night and you are poorly so let me look after you or I'll bite you!" Nat smiled at you as you giggled at her "Don't threaten me with a good time" you replied, this made Nat chuckle, you knew she would always know first hand whenever you're sick or in any sort of pain because she always pays close attention to detail, especially when it comes to you. Nat got up and walked back over to the coffee machine, she pointed at you as she looked at you "Stay in bed! You understand?" She said to you in a serious but gentle manner. You nodded and smiled as she made your black coffee with three sugars. "Calm down Doctor! It's not like I was planning to go to the gym or go for a run!" You replied. Nat brought over your coffee and gently put it on the bedside table to cool down a little. "Yes I am your doctor now and I will make you better, you know how much I worry and care about you. Absolutely NO gym or running until you're better!" Nat said as she took out her phone, "Honey? What are you doing? Also thank you for my coffee," you said. Nat looked up from her phone to you "Oh I'm just restricting you from using the gym and leaving the premises, which means if you want to go out then you must ask me or Wanda to accompany you. You need to focus on getting better, I'm only doing this because I care." Nat replied as she sat down beside you, you knew she always overreacted whenever you got hurt or sick so this wasn't anything new. You gently squeezed her hand and got out of bed. "I know I know, you better put it back when I'm better okay?" You said to her as her eyes followed you, she also got up and stayed close to you. You walked over to the bedroom window and opened it before turning and smiling at her. "I'm a little hot and need air, don't worry I'm okay it's just a bad cold and it will take me a little longer to recover okay?" You said to her, she wrapped her arms around your waist and pulled you into a cuddle. "I will always worry about you and I'm pissed because my blood won't make your cold go away! I hate it when you're suffering and I can't fix it!" Nat whispered in your ear as you cuddled her tighter. "Oh Natty, I know it sucks but it is temporary and you get to tell people to piss off and keep me to yourself." You whispered back to her which made her laugh a little bit, "Don't I always tell people to piss off and keep you to myself?" Nat chucked as she spoke. Nat picked you up in her muscular arms, you could feel the heat in her body as you were held close to her, she gently put you back into bed. Nat put the television on and then gave you the remote control. "There we go, stay cozy and pick something epic to watch and if it's good I might watch it with you!" She said as she winked at you, you looked on the streaming platforms for a series to watch while Nat checked the cupboards for some medicine for you.

Written By Ryan Wright.