5

Jade followed Lily into the girl's bathroom. She felt extremely bad for her friend and it broke her heart to see her like this.

"Lily?"

"Go away Jade. You don't want to associate yourself with mudbloods."

Hearing this Jade entered the stall Lily was in. Seeing her friend on the floor with red eyes and a runny nose made her eyes soften.

"Lily Evans you are the kindest bestest awesomest most wonderfulest  girl I know. It is a shame Snape can't see that but then again he has always been blind. Now you better know that everyone at this school would love to be your friend because of the person you are." Jade told Lily sternly.

"Jade I'm sure half the words you used to describe me aren't real." Lily chuckled with teary eyes.

"I just feel so horrible all the time. Like I don't deserve magic and that I'm unworthy of it."

"Oh Lily you're the brightest witch of our age, surely you must know that."

"Thanks Jade. You're the most amazing friend anyone could ever ask for. Would you mind leaving me alone for a bit though?"

"Sure Lils. Just don't be sad ok? We all love you." Jade smiled as she left Lily alone.

As she walked through the hallways she couldn't help the tears that flooded her eyes. After all, Severus had been her friend too. And it made Jade sad to see that he thought of her that way. 

She thought about her friendship with Severus and before she knew it she was sitting in the corridor with tears rolling down her cheek. She could not stop them only sob.

As she was crying, James happened to be walking in the same corridor and saw the state Jade was in. He knew he should find Lily and see how she was doing but Jade looked so helpless, he couldn't help but feel the ache in his heart.

"Woods?" James asked. "You alright?"

Ofcourse she wasn't alright and James mentally slapped himself for asking that.

"Shouldn't you be asking Lily that?"

"Doesn't matter you're my friend too."

"Friend?" Jade scoffed.

"I would hardly call us friends."

"Then what would you call me."

"Cabbage head."

"Cabbage head? What does cabbage head even mean?"

"In two words?"

James nodded

"James Potter." Jade said as she smirked.

"Ha Ha very funny."

"Thanks I try to be."

And just like that both Jade and James found themselves in the dark corridor enjoying each other's company, forgetting their rivalry for just one moment.