6

The week following the incident was uneventful. Lily and Jade kept to themselves and the marauders went on playing their usual pranks.

Although no matter how much they wanted to avoid it, something was different in both Jade and James.

Jade would no longer have only hate in her eyes as she looked at James. Sure hate was among the emotions she felt while she looked at James, but only in a little amount. Now, when she looked at James she had other emotions in her eyes. Understanding, respect, gratitude.

James was no different. He had tried to tell himself all week that nothing had changed between them but even he could not deny it. The butterflies he used to feel in Lily's presence only seemed to appear when Jade was in view. The beating of his heart only got louder when Jade looked at him. His cheeks only got red when Jade talked to him.

Jade, Jade, Jade.

That was all he could think of. But, he kept denying this. He kept trying to change his thought. Kept trying to think of Lily and only Lily.

"Hey dollop head." James heard and he swore his heart was going to jump out of this chest.

"Dollop head. That's a new one."

"Yes well I try to be creative." Jade smiled and as James looked at her smile he saw the world looking a little brighter.

"Lily's in potions right now. Thought you might like to know."

"Lily?"

"Yeah. The girl you've been in love with since first year."

"Oh yeah Lily, duh."

"You're confusing. Anyway you should head to potions. Help her carry her stuff. Be heroic and win her heart you know."

"Yeah, yeah that's brilliant. Yeah I'm gonna go now. Yeah ok uh see you around Jay."

"Jay?"

"Jay. I mean Jade yeah I mean Jade. Jade not Jay yeah you-you heard it wrong."

"Sure. Anyway I'm gonna go meet Amos. See you."

"Amos?"

"Mhm. We have a study session. Bye Potter."

"Yeah. Bye."