ZITS prepare love for its T (5)

Wrd count : 862

Zed's POV

The trap has been set.

To Grian
I would like to formally invite you to a small beach meet-up with me and one other hermit.
I'm setting up a blind date because I can. Are you interested in coming?
-Zed

To Tango
Hey bro, I saw you were in love recently. Thought I'd set you up on a blind date, let me know if you're up for attending!
-Zed

And... well, they replied.

Zed
Sure. As long as youre paying for the food, I cant keep borrowing Mumbos diamonds
-G

Hey bro!
Sure, just as long as you'll watch Decked Out while I'm gone, and let me know if there's any issues!
Let me know when and where!
-Tangy

I love how Grian thinks I have the budget for this either.

Anyway, now I need to figure out how to do this...

Ah. Shit. What have I got myself into?

"Hey, Zed? ZED?"

I flinched at a voice yelling in my ears, before hearing two voices giggling.

"For Christ's sake, Impulse! Skizz, did you-"

Wait.. Skizz was here? Skizz is visiting?

"...Hey Skizz. Nice to see you again, I forgot you were coming to visit Impulse this weekend!"

"Hey buddeh!"

He hugged me tightly, winding me slightly. Hey, that rhymes...

"Do I not get a hello?"

"Impulse, I see you every other day."

"Still though!"

Skizz smirked, letting me go.

"So, what are ya up to?"

I held the letters out for Skizz to take, before searching through one of my chests, digging out a recipe book.

"About that... I'm setting Tango and Grian up on a blind date."

Impulse blinked.

"Ohhhhh... That explains why Tango's been researching about how to show subtle love to parrot hybrids."

Skizz and I blinked in surprise.

"Huh?"

"He was?"

"Skizz, you share a Google account with him, you showed me!"

"Why do we share a Google account!?"

"I don't know!"

They bickered for a moment more, before I stepped in. I couldn't have them bickering all night, otherwise Tango and Grian would be very, VERY confused when they showed up to an empty venue.

"Guys, shush it! I need to set up a blind date for them both for tonight. So, would you mind helping me get it set up?"

Impulse and Skizz turned to eachother, and smirked, nodding.

"Sure! :3"

"Yah, sure!"

Within half an hour, we had flour all over my kitchen. Literally everywhere. It was like Christmas had come early.

Skizz was pretending it was something other than flour. Then it turned out it actually wasn't flour, it was icing sugar.

...So, we made a cake without any flour.

It still tasted good though. Just... it didn't look very pretty. Luckily, Impulse decorated it with some fondant, and it looked good enough to actually pass as food!

"Skizz, can you grab some chicken from the fridge?"

"What are we making with it?"

Impulse went quiet, and paused whisking the egg, and I stared curiously. He'd set me on blending up some bread into breadcrumbs, and mixing a pinch salt and pepper into some flour.

"Yeah, what are we doing?"

Impulse sighed, glancing at the name in the cookbook.

"...Chicken nuggets?"

"For a DATE!?"

"What do you mean? That's the most romantic thing for them to have!"

"Yeah, if they were five!"

Anyway, we made twenty chicken nuggets for our blaze and parrot, and three to taste-test.

And, well, they were very good.

Like, annoyingly good, to Impulse's amusement.

"I said they'd be good, didn't I?"

"Nobody likes an 'I told you so', Dipple Dop."

Skizz playfully shoved Impulse, getting a gentle shove back. They started spraying flour at eachother, smirking stupidly as they made another mess of my kitchen.

It's the fifth time tonight.

"You gonna help me get the food over to where their date is, or what?"

"We're... helping!"

I sighed, putting my head in my hands playfully, and pretending to be annoyed. To my absolutely very, very real surprise that I definitely, definitely felt, they grabbed up some of the food, and started carrying it over.

Skizz still had a pouch of flour in his pocket. It doesn't... look like flour though. It's actually flour though, this time, he checked.

Anyway, once we'd got all the food set up, it was just a matter of waiting for the couple to arrive.

"They're coming, be quiet!"

"You be quiet, Dipple Dop!"

I sighed in annoyance. The fact these two are just friends, yet still make me feel like a third wheel? It's honestly impressive. And annoying. Very, VERY annoying.

"Shut up! I see them!"

They instantly went silent, as we watched Grian sit down, and Tango approach the table, their eyes meeting.

The sunset was behind them, as Grian blushed softly, standing up and taking Tango's hand, and kissing it. Tango blushed, getting lost in Grian's eyes, as did Grian with Tango's.

They sat down to eat, speaking in soft voices, looking like they'd never been happier.

It was then that we snuck away, letting them have some privacy. All I know is that operation Prepare-Love-For-Tango (P.L.F.T) was a success!