❪ O3 ❫ Pearls

Chapter O3        ⨾        Delicate Pearls and Shades of Blue.

The knock outside Inez's room was enough to wake her up.

"Inez, darling. It's time to wake up! We're almost there so you better get ready," Odeta's cheery voice rang.

The girl groaned once she opened her eyes to harsh light coming from her room's window.

She fixed up the bed, took a quick shower, dried her hair, and got dressed in the same clothes she wore the previous day.

It was customary for tributes to first show up in their reaping attire.

Inez braided the sides of her hair the same way her mother did before making her way to the dining room where everyone already gathered.

"About time you got up," Dylan chided.

"Well, it's best I get enough sleep while I can, right?" she replied with a tight smile.

"After that long tunnel we're about to pass through," Odeta pointed to the window, "We'll officially be in the Capitol's train station. Wave, smile, blow kisses to the people. Show that you're happy to be here," she grinned widely.

"But what if we aren't happy to be here?" Dylan replied bluntly.

"Then you have to act like it. You both have to remember; getting sponsors is a must," Cordelia said.