❪ O5 ❫ Quite the Songbird

Chapter O5        ⨾        A Wondrous, Pitiful, and Haunting Performance.

Inez smiled once she saw Pierre in the dressing room waiting for her.

The man smiled back, "You were an absolute doll in that parade, dear. Everyone loved you," he told her happily.

"All thanks to your styling genius," she complimented him, "What does today's dress look like?" she asked, prepared to be amazed.

Pierre excitedly pulled out a mannequin from behind. It was wearing a white, long, silky dress with a sweetheart neckline, a slit down the skirt, short, slightly puffed up sleeves, and a corset with similar embroidery to her family emblem as seen on her reaping dress. Pearls were sewn into different areas of the dress in different sizes.

"I took inspiration from your dress in the reaping. Do you like it?" he asked.

"Pierre, it's beautiful. I love it," she smiled.

She went behind the curtain and put the dress on. Once she was done, Pierre instructed her to put the white heels with pearls he put out on.

Once she did, he clasped on a beautiful necklace with different pearls, gemstones, and shells that matched the colors on her corset. A hairstylist came inside and lightly accentuated the girl's waves before tying her hair into a half-up half-down bun and sticking pearls into it.