❪ O4 ❫ Parades and Songs

Chapter O4        ⨾        Tribute Parades, Plans, and Performances.

Inez lightly steadied herself as the horses started pulling the chariot and as the music started playing.

"Well, look at this, folks! We sure have a fine set of tributes this year," Caesar Flickerman said to the broadcasting camera.

Inez and Dylan put on their best smiles and occasionally waved at the audience, making them cheer even louder.

"Let's take a look at District Four, everyone. They are killing it with the crowd!" Caesar roared with excitement.

The two kept their performance up steadily, and after what felt like an hour, their chariot came to a halt as the others did too.

President Snow made his way to the stand to make a speech, "A big welcome to our tributes for this year's Hunger Games. We honor your bravery and respect for the Treaty of Treason. The Hunger Games is a symbol of unity, and this year, you all represent that. I wish you all the best of luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor," he finished and the crowd clapped loudly.

Inez fought the urge in her to drop her smile at the mere sight of the man. But she couldn't. She had to act. She had to perform.

"I'm proud of you both. The Capitol already loves you!" Odeta said as the two tributes, now in regular clothing with fresh faces and hair, made their way to the dinner table.