ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏꜱ

Summary: The summer break is finally here, the perfect time for you and Carlos to go on a much-needed holiday together.

Words: 1.1k+

♡♡♡♡♡

After an agonizing first half of the season, the summer break had officially started, meaning you and Carlos finally had time to relax.

You loved accompanying Carlos to his races, you marveled in seeing him do what he loved. But, in all fairness, it was really tiring.

Constantly changing time zones, not having time to get home before you would have to fly all the way to the other side of the world, constantly being on the move and living out of your suitcases. It tired you out, even though you loved it.

Now, with the summer break officially here, you got to spend one whole month relaxing with your boyfriend in the beautiful Spain, getting some much needed rest before the season would pick up again.

After much consideration, you both decided that going home to Spain for the break was the best solution. You were home, you could have your fun, go to the beach seeing as it was very close to your house, it was the perfect destination.

"Mi amor, are you ready to go?" Carlos asked as he packed the last of your beach bag, ready for an entire day of soaking up the sun and relaxing with you.

"Yes, I'm coming!"

You scrambled to get your phone and your hat before bouncing downstairs where Carlos was waiting for you.

When he laid his eyes on you, his brain started malfunctioning. You were gorgeous in your brand new red bikini, one you had purchased specifically for the break.

"You look amazing, mi amor" he said once he finally regained his composure, wrapping his arms around your waist and bringing you closer.

"Thank you, love" you pecked his nose quickly before pulling away from the embrace.

The two of you made the quick drive to the beach, deciding to set up in a more secluded part of the beach, where hopefully you could sit and sunbathe in silence for a little while.

Carlos immediately jumped into the water as soon as he finished setting up your umbrella, just like a dog would, which made you laugh.

You started applying some sunscreen on your body to make sure you wouldn't get a sunburn. When Carlos finally emerged from the water half an hour later, you frowned when you saw his skin already beginning to turn red under the sun.

"Amor, come here so I can put some protection on you" you called out, shivering when the cold droplets of water from Carlos' hair hit your skin.

Seeing your shiver, he starts ruffling his hair so more water could get on your hot skin, which made you squeal.

"I will hit you if you do that one more time" you said, trying to act stern but the smile threatening to appear on your lips was saying something else.

"We both know you would feel bad" he said, finally taking a seat in front of you in the sand with his back facing you.

"Don't tempt me, your trainer and Fred will have my head if they see bruises on you" you joked while starting to apply a generous amount of sunscreen on his red skin.

"Thank God for Ferrari" Carlos turned his head and winked at you, making you roll your eyes but smile.

Being there with Carlos was everything you could have asked for. Everyone knew how tough the season had gone up to the summer break, how much both Carlos and Charles had been struggling with the car and getting it to perform at its best. The car, plus the countless strategy fails that the Ferrari engineering team kept making, the losses started pilling up and they were starting to take a toll on your boyfriend.

You knew how talented, driven and passionate he was about his job. How much he loved racing and how close he came to winning a race, only for it to be completely ruined by his team. He had started doubting himself, something you never wanted him to start doing.

That was primarily the reason why you suggested you go on holiday alone, just the two of you, for the first 2 weeks of the break. No phones, no internet, nobody around to put further stress on Carlos or you. Completely detaching yourselves from your hectic lives, even if it was just temporary.

"What are you thinking about?" Carlos' voice snapped you out of your thoughts, not having realized you had zoned out for a couple of minutes.

"Nothing important, just stuff" you shrugged it off, not wanting to bring up the subject while the atmosphere was so serene.

"I know you're lying. Tell me, what's got you so deep in thought?" he scooted closer to you and brought his hand to your cheek, rubbing his thumb against your skin gingerly.

Looking into his deep brown eyes, you knew you never had to be ashamed to tell him what was on your mind. He would always listen to you, no matted what it was.

"I'm just thinking about you" he nodded, signaling for you to continue. "It's just, this season has been so hard for you and I'm just worried that nothing is going to change after the break and you'll be struggling and stressing yourself out and exhausting yourself" you admitted.

Carlos knew you had been worried about him, hell, he was worried about himself. He had expected much more from his team, but after continuously being let down, he didn't know what to think or do anymore. He didn't know where to put his trust.

"Amor, look at me" he took your face in his hands, holding it gently. "You don't have to worry about me. We both know that there is no consistency in this sport, we will have bad times and we will have good times. We've hit a rough patch, and yes, I have been stressing myself. But that is simply because I know we can do better and I'm trying to make sure we give it our best to be on top after the break" he explained.

"But you're wearing yourself out. This isn't healthy for you" you said, worry creasing your face.

He leaned in and kissed your forehead, making you close your eyes and enjoy the feeling f=of his soft lips against your skin.

"Please, stop worrying. I'm going to be fine, we just have to get through this together" you looked at him and eventually nodded.

Even though you were still worried deep within, you knew that you had to trust Carlos. Until anything further, you were going to enjoy the free time and soak up the sun with your boyfriend, away from all stress and just basking in your love for one another.

♡♡♡♡♡