ᴍᴀɪᴅᴇɴ ᴡɪɴ

Summary: Lando finally officially wins a race and you're there to celebrate with him.

Words: 1.2k+

♡♡♡♡♡

You had felt something in your gut from the moment you had touched down in Miami with Lando. You had felt good about what was to come from the weekend.

Lando felt the same way, but seeing as the last time he felt that confident about his pace had been Russia in 2021, he didn't want to jinx it.

The Sprint hadn't quite gone the way he and the team had wanted. Being taken out before Turn 1 was always painful, especially when it wasn't even your fault.

You couldn't get the image of how down and sad he had seemed when he walked back to the garage, even more gutted when the Stewards fined him.

And then qualifying came and he didn't manage to get on the front row, no matter how much he pushed the car on those medium compound tyres.

Having to settle with starting P5 in the race when he knew what he could get out of the car had not been easy on him.

"I just wish things would have gone my way" he explained to you while you laid in bed in your shared hotel room, late at night before race day.

You sighed, nodding in understanding as you weaved your hands through his hair comfortingly.

"You'll show them how strong you are tomorrow. Now, more than ever, you need to have faith in the car, in your team and most importantly in yourself" you said, making Lando look at you with admiration.

"How do you always manage to calm me down?" he asked, which made you giggle and run a hand down his cheek lovingly.

"4 years and an engagement later" you joked, making him finally break out into a genuine laugh.

There were so many stolen moments from you guys because of the racing, you would often forget to just be with each other and let loose, forget about everything even for just a little while.

Lando has always stated that he wouldn't be able to make it without you, claiming you were the only one that could help him unwind and completely disconnect from the races and the stress that came with it. Lately, the stress had got even worse than usual.

"I don't think my time is coming anytime soon" he said after a couple of moments of comfortable silence between the two of you.

"Why do you think that?" you asked, your hands still running through his soft curly hair.

He shrugged, snuggling closer to your body and now resting his head against your chest.

"It feels like no matter how much progress we make or how many upgrades we bring, something just doesn't click at the end of the day. It seems like nothing we do is good enough" he explained.

You nodded, even though he couldn't see you. You could only imagine what he felt like, working so hard with the team and feeling like nothing was paying off, you sympathized with your fiancé and the entire team. However, somewhere deep down in your heart, you knew his time was even closer than he thought.

His win was coming this weekend, your gut kept telling you.

"My love, you have to keep being positive. You've shown impressive pace the entire weekend, and what happened in the Sprint had nothing to do with you or how the car performed. I have a good feeling about the race tomorrow, so please just indulge me and have faith in yourself and in your team" you said, kissing his forehead at the end.

He didn't say anything else but nodded, burying his face even deeper into your body. His eyes slowly started dropping as he enjoyed the feeling of your hands playing with his hair, the only thing on his mind was doing everything he can in the race so you and the team would be proud of him.

He needed it.

♡♡♡♡♡

Being in the garage while watching the Miami Grand Prix had to be deemed as a health hazard. From the precise moment the Safety Car was deployed and Lando was leading the race, having come in to swap his tyres, the entire garage was on their toes.

The tension in the air while watching the last laps was like nothing you had ever experienced, not in all the 4 years you have been with Lando and attended the majority of his races.

Mechanics were chewing on their fingers, pulling their hair or pacing around the garage. You were listening in on the radio as he talked to Will, your heart beating wildly in your chest and echoing in your ears.

The second you saw him cross that finish line and take the checkered flag in P1, you could literally not stop crying. The tears were freely and fully falling down your cheeks, your eyes soaking in the energy and celebrations that were happening all around you.

"Y/N, he did it!! He won!!!" Jon was the one who brought you back to reality when he ran to you and scooped you into his arms, laughing in disbelief.

"I can't believe he actually did it" you said once Jon put you down, wiping the tears from your eyes to no avail because new ones were just taking their place.

Hugs were going all around the garage, everyone hugging the nearest person to them. Zak and Andrea pulled you into a shared hug, urgently prompting you to follow them to where Lando would be.

At first you were apprehensive, preferring to wait for him at the garage, but you couldn't deny the two men that were literally dragging you to Lando.

The moment you saw him coming towards you and the team, a whole new wave of tears starting falling down your cheeks, sobs racking through your body once he ran to you and scooped you into his arms, lifting you up over the barriers so he could spin you around.

"I fucking did it. I did it for you, baby" he exclaimed in your ear, making you laugh and nod, kissing every part of his body that you could reach from your position.

"I am so fucking proud of you. All the work you've done up until now has finally paid off. I love you so much and I am so proud of you for this" you said, kissing him hard when he finally put you down.

You didn't care that he was sweaty at that moment, you didn't care that he could barely catch his breath, you just needed him to know just how proud you were of him for what he had just done.

He certainly wasn't complaining, squeezing your body against his like you would dissipate in the air if he let you go. The entire team was cheering and screaming all around you, which prompted you to finally pull away.

"Go and celebrate with them. You all deserve it" you said, unwrapping his arms from your waist and pushing him towards his team.

He leaned in to peck your lips once again quickly before he jumped to his team, being lifted and praised by every mechanic around him.

As you watched him interact with his team, some of them who were crying because of how proud they were of him, you realized how lucky you both were.

Lando was so loved, not only by you and his team but by the other drivers as well, who you could see were so happy to finally see him on the first step of the podium.

The Miami Grand Prix was one to remember. The day the entire Formula 1 community came together to celebrate Lando Norris.

The winner of everyone's heart.

The winner of Formula 1.