Hide and Seek

Mirai's hut was interesting, to say the least.
Decorated with silver flowers, vines, all kinds of flora.
There were pictures hung up on one wall, of what appeared to be Mirai himself, Millie, and another different-looking, almost ghostly Zoroark.
There was also a corkboard, with numerous papers and such pinned onto it. Owen didn't even wanna try to read what they meant.

"Then, the big white ball hit me and everyone else, and I ended up here!" Nick explained, before taking a sip of water.

"Did you hear anything? Talking to you? Did you see anything else?" Mirai asked.

"Well, after it hit us, I could hear someone telling me.. uhhh.. 'good luck out there', I- I think??"

"I heard something like that, too." Riley said. "Who do you suppose it could have been?"

Mirai looked around the room, a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead as he tapped his clawed fingers on the table. "..Not a clue. Owen, little pal, how did you get here, then?"

Owen sighed. "I.. I died. I died. As I started to lose consciousness, I could also hear someone talking to me. Told me to 'find him' and that 'he will explain everything'." He scratched the back of his head.

Mirai frowned, grabbing something out of his bag. A map. He set it down on the table the group was sitting at, flipping it over on its backside.

"So you DID bring a map all along, pops..?" Millie asked, fighting back a yawn as she did so.

"Oh, Mils, you know I forget stuff all the time! Ahem.. anyway. I suppose I owe all of you an explanation on how and why you're here. But you gotta listen carefully.."

Mirai cleared his throat.

"As you may know.. you were all sent here and turned into a Pokemon under mysterious circumstances. Pokemon are creatures that come in all shapes and sizes, some more powerful than the next..

..humans, however, are considered a bad omen here. A curse. Danger. Though, there is a rare phenomena in which humans will be turned into Pokemon and end up here in Breeze Valley. This world isn't very safe, especially not for humans.

There is a prophecy, however. 6 heroes will fall from the sky, and restore peace to this disarrayed world. One of those heroes will be blessed with the power of a Legend, and will defeat the evil looming over us all."

"Wait.. 6?" Owen asked. "But there's only one, two, three of us. And how are we meant to become heroes? What is a 'Legend'?"

"Legends are allmighty, powerful Pokemon. Exceptionally powerful, too. And even rarer to encounter them- they say that if you were to encounter one, you grow as a person. As for the other three.. well, I suppose we should go looking for 'em, shall we?" Mirai smiled.

"Daaaad, I don't wanna waaaalk.." Millie whined.

"It's okay, Mils! Here, you can take a nap in my mane." The zoroark picked up the Hisuian zorua, placing her inside his mane.

Owen blinked once. "..You just keep your kid in your mane??"

"Yep! All us Zoroark do that!"

"If you say so.."

"Mirai, sir, if I may, I'd like to speak to.. 'Owen' here." Cavalier said.

"Ah, yes! Take your time, we'll be waiting for you two outside the hut!"

Mirai and the others stepped outside, as Cavalier turned to the banette.

"Just who do you think you are?" He asked, scowling.

"Huh-?? What do you mean?" Owen put his hands up in self-defense.

"You and your little 'friends' are here for trouble, aren't you? You're with them, aren't you?!"

"Them..?"

"COLD! Children Of the Legend's Divinity! They've been terrorizing people for years, and just recently, they've started to recruit more and more innocent Pokemon! I don't know how she doesn't know you're a human, though, she HATES humans! Wants all of 'em eradicated!"

"..Who-"

"You know what? Forget it. Let's just go before Mirai yells at me for being 'mean to you'. But I'll be keeping close watch on all of ya, especially you."

"O.. Okay.."

The two Pokemon exited the hut, where the others were waiting for them.

"C'mom, friends! Let's find our heroes!"