Spread the News

Owen felt sort of uncomfortable having Cavalier staring at him as they all walked. It felt his eyes were piercing into his soul- if he still had one, since, apparently he was a ghost now.
He didn't know why Cavalier hated him so much. They had only just met. Why did he think that he was part of some evil organization that kills Pokemon? Did Cavalier know something he did not?
Anyway. They were back in that same meadow Owen woke up at. Mirai thought that maybe the others were scattered around that area somewhere.
Thankfully, Owen was starting to get a little more used to his new legs, though he did almost trip a few times on the way over. It was gonna take some time, probably.

"Aaalrighty! Let's see.." Mirai looked down at his map. "We found Owen on the right, Nick and Riley were on the far left.. hm, I don't suppose we've checked the tree yet!"

"What tree?" Owen asked.

"Oh, it's called the Tree of Blessing! There's a tradition where Pokemon go under the tree every year and make a wish, and if they're lucky, Jirachi itself will make it come true!"

"What's Jira—"

"C'mon, no time to waste! Don't wanna keep our heroes waiting!"

Owen was still confused about the 'heroes' part. He was practically nobody. How was he meant to become a hero?
The puppets, too. They were.. monsters. Mirai didn't know that, but there's a reason why he didn't tell Mirai how he died. He's just glad he didn't ask.
Eventually, they reached the so-called Tree of Wishes. It was tall, the leaves were speckled with tiny, star-shaped markings. It had what appeared to be talismans on some branches.
And, standing around the tree were..

"FOR GOD'S SAKES, DAISY!" The Polteageist shouted. "YOU SAID THAT YOU KNEW WHERE WE WERE GOING! WHY ARE WE BACK HERE?! WE'VE GONE IN A CIRCLE!"

"I- It isn't my fault, Morty! Don't blame me!" The Slurpuff covered her ears. "I don't even know the name of this place! How am I supposed to know?!"

"Uuugh, could you two take any longer? I don't wanna be here anymore.." The Shuppet floating above one of the branches complained.

"Hi!" Mirai greeted the three Pokemon as he marched forward. "You must be.. Mortimer, Daisy, and Scout, right? My name is Mirai! I'm here to help you!"

"How did you know our names? That's weird. Have you been watching us?" Scout asked.

"No, well, sort of! But not til just now! We've been looking for you three. I believe you all just woke up here?"

"A few hours ago, I believe.." Daisy said, a nervous tone in her voice. "How do we get out of here? Morty is really mad."

"I am NOT mad-" The Polteageist noticed the Smeargle and Rotom. "..Oh my Lord, it's YOU."

"Well, I believe we've found them all! Let's all head back to the town square, the cafe is probably open by now! Come along, friends!"

Mirai continued to walk without asking anymore questions. The other three seemed hesitant to follow the Zoroark at first, but a glare from Cavalier seemed to convince them enough.
Owen wasn't particularly happy about Mortimer being here, but he was.. rather shocked that Scout was here.
How did they of all people- er, puppets- get sent here? If Scout was here, and the puppets were here, does that mean Harper is too?
He hoped not. That girl had been through enough with the whole puppet situation, he wouldn't want her to be dragged into whatever this was.
But, Mortimer.. god, as if being around the puppets that literally caused his death wasn't terrifying enough, the one who orchestrated it was here too.
As they walked, Owen didn't say a word. Not like he felt like he could with Cavalier staring him down like a hawk, which made him even more terrified.
The Polteageist seemed to notice this, looking at the Gallade.