Chapter 1: Getting settled; The beginning of single parenthood

Beginner's author's note: 

I most likely will not update before the new year. It might be a month before I update. Then again, I write whenever I feel like it before going to bed. Just don't count on an update before Jan 8th and treat a possible extra chapter as a christmas present.

I also aim to write about 2.5k-3.5k words at a time to not strain myself too much at once. Other than that, this is the way I devide chapters: (Part of the story): (name of the arc);(name of the chapter). I have multiple chapters for an arc, hence the 3 intro chapters. The intro's were cut shorter in order for it to make more sense and not have constant scenery changes.

From this point on, the "regular" story will start. It obviously takes place during the hidden inventory arc. I also won't be adding many notes unless something comes up that would affect me writing the fic. I will try to update once every 1-1.5 weeks. After 2 weeks you're allowed to yell at me to finish my fic. Makes me feel guilty, which is exactly what I need to finish the story.

Anyways, enjoy and happy holidays!

End author's note.

"For real? Like are you actually not kidding?" Gojo asked, questioning his best friend's words as it seemed like a prank-filming video crew was about to jump out of the bushes, taping his reaction to the most surreal story he'd heard in a while.

Once Geto, Mimiko and Nanako got back, Suguru tended to their wounds and took them out for ice cream. On their way back from the shop they ran into Gojo, who was surprised at the sight of two 5-year-olds who looked to be wounded smiling happily with each an ice cream cone in one hand and Geto's sleeves in the other.

"Y-yeah" Suguru stammered, a bit taken aback by Satoru's reaction.

"The village chief was hiding them in a cellar. They were clearly abused and not an actual thread so I took them with me. I couldn't let them sit there and it's not like I would kill two 5-year-olds just because some dumb chief wants me to."

"Yeah okay, I get the not wanting to contribute to child murder part. That wasn't exactly the part I was confused about." Satoru said almost mockingly.
"I get saving the girls, but keeping them??? Suguru are you insane?"

"Listen, I'll explain when I've brought them back home alright? I don't want to do this in public. Besides, didn't you do the same with Megumi?"

"That's.......different..." Gojo mumbled under his breath while avoiding eye contact with his best friend.

"Maybe it is, but I don't see it that way. Maybe I'm making a mistake, but this feels the most right to me."

"You're crazy."

"Maybe I am."

"I'll definitely talk to you later."

"See you later, Satoru," Suguru said as he let out a small wave. Mimiko and Nanako were closely studying Gojo, who in turn looked at them with visible confusion.

Suguru hadn't gotten much out of the kids yet, which didn't surprise him really. They only left that village about 4 to 5 days ago. He can't expect them to warm up to him immediately after being abused for god knows how long.

That's why Suguru was surprised when he heard one of the girls talk.

"Bye Sato" Mimiko said softly.

It wasn't quite Satoru's name, it wasn't that audible either, but man did Suguru think it was the cutest thing ever. It had him feeling proud of her for a second. Even Gojo looked ever so slightly touched by them.