Chapter 1: Getting settled; First day of school (pt.1/2)

It's been a month and a half since Suguru officially became the parent of his two little nuggets, Mimiko and Nanako. He'd been around them constantly since then.

That was about to change today.

It was Nanako and Mimiko's first day of school. Suguru could hardly believe it. He'd only known his two girls for less than 2 months but the thought of having to let them go for 8 hours a day hurt. He didn't feel emotionally strong enough to let go yet but knew he needed to for the girl's sake.

The girls didn't quite understand what school was when Suguru explained it, but they seemed indifferent about it.

The school the girls attended was quite a drive from Jujutsu High's dorms, about 30 minutes. Normally, he'd get his dragon to fly there in 10, but something inside him told him he might not wanna expose the girls to Jujutsu Sorcery just yet.

He knew the dark side of Jujutsu, the ways family members with weaker techniques got shamed, beaten and disowned. He didn't want to expose the girls to that yet.

Which let Suguru to put the girls in public school instead.

Suguru had asked what Gojo's plans were for Megumi's schooling. Knowing he was a Zenin, and most likely one with a strong technique, Satoru had decided to put him in a pre-school for sorcerers. He wanted to make sure Megumi had his technique under control before any possible accidents could happen that would require a lot of paperwork.

Speaking of paperwork, that's one thing Suguru could have done without when taking the kids with him. Not only did he have to fill out SO MUCH paperwork about the mission, but he also had to forge a lot of government paperwork to "officially" adopt the kids.

Suguru was grateful for the spies of Jujutsu High inside of multiple government agencies, but man was he over the paperwork already.

He remembered Satoru often complaining about having to do any paperwork at all, once just writing "Gojo took care of it" in big bold letters on the top page. He couldn't be bothered to fill everything in.

Satoru proceeded to be lectured by the higher-ups, which made Suguru chuckle at the time.

Now Suguru feels how Satoru felt at that moment. He just wanted to write "I kidnapped 2 kids those idiots wanted me to kill and adopted them instead" on the paperwork, but he knew that wouldn't fly with the higher-ups. Considering Suguru wasn't as valuable as Satoru in the eyes of the school, he doubted he would get away with the same lecture that Satoru got back then.

It felt like Suguru just blinked and suddenly stood in front of the school building. He was mentally absent and the girls clearly noticed something was up.

"Mimiko, Nanako, be nice today okay? Make sure to share and not hurt others, okay?"

Besides not feeling too happy about the girls going away from him for most of the day, he is scared their very isolated upbringing might cause some awkward situations.

He did have to admit they looked adorable with their little backpacks and hair in two very small and fluffy low-ponytails.

"We'll make sure to be nice, Suguru-sama." Nanako said smiling up at him.

"You don't have to be so formal to me, you know." Suguru laughed.

"I know, but it feels right."

Well, Suguru couldn't force them to call him anything else. It wouldn't be okay.

Before Suguru knew it, he was standing in front of the classroom, looking the teacher straight in the eyes as she welcomed the other kids inside.

It seemed like your average primary school. Colorful, everything child-sized and happy smiles from the teachers.