☺️😊

I got home later that day and went straight up to my room, I didn't even tell my mum how my day was or anything. I was on my phone, chatting with Kevin when my mum tapped my back. "Mum! You startled me"
     "Sorry, how was school today?" She asked me in a soft voice. "It was fine." I replied, sitting up to look at her. " You didn't even say 'hi' to me after your school today, I hope nobody is giving you a hard time In that school." She asked worriedly, gently rubbing her palm on my shoulder. This made me uncomfortable. "No, everything is fine, mummy" I replied, shifting backwards so that she'd stop touching me like that. It was just uncomfortable. She was looking like she was very worried and was about to give me advice about boys or something and I was definitely not in the mood for that. "Hmmn, if you say so." My mum replied, heaving a heavy sigh and left.
   When I got into my classroom the next morning, my chair was gone, like, it was just not there. Neither Tricia nor Kevin was in school yet, so I sat on Tricia's seat. Luckily for me, Kevin came in a short while after.
      He dropped his things on his seat and came to stand by me. I smiled at him and said, "Good morning, Kevin!" He replied me with the same energy and asked my why I was sitting there. I told him about how I didn't find my chair and that I didn't know where to look. He shook his head and told me that Amber probably took it but he knew where I could get another one before school actually started. Amber overheard the conversation and interrupted "Kevin, if she can't find a chair, it's none of your business! Since when we're you guys even friends?" Kevin didn't even act like she said anything, he just asked me to come with him and we left to get a seat together. On my way out, i looked at Amber and winked at her, She looked like she was about to explode with anger😆. I wanted to see Amber's reaction so I told Kevin I'd meet him in the main hall in 4 minutes.  Amber was left completely speechless and even her two friends coy say a word. Emily finally broke the silence saying, " Oh My God! That girl is a real b!tch!" "Did you see the way she winked at me? That was a real slap in the face! Ugh! And seriously? The worst we could do was take her chair? Whose idea was that?" Amber lamented. "It was mine. It wasn't such a bad idea though, how was I meant to know she's friends with Kevin now?" Emily replied. "Maybe if you had told me first, before making stupid decisions, that wouldn't have happened! Any other ideas? We have to do at least something, anything...and I do not want any ideas from you, Emily. You keep your mouth shut" "I don't know about this, Amber, let's just leave the poor girl alone. She's new and doesn't know who you are. Let's let her off with a warning." Janet suggested. "A warning? So that I'll look weak? You're even more stupid than Emily! 🤦🏼‍♀️you guys are really getting on my nerves right now, you'd better do something to impress me before I loose it!" "I completely support whatever you do, Amber, don't listen to Janet. I believe we need to get back at Debbie." Emily mentioned. "So, you'll just wait for me to come up with an idea? Can't you think of one too? Idiots!" Amber lamented in reply.
     After she said this, I went to join Kevin in the hall and on my way there, I kept trying to understand how I felt towards Kevin. He really gave me butterflies  but I kept debating on whether I had a crush on him or not. The thought of what Tricia said the previous day also rushed through my mind and I couldn't shake these feelings off. I eventually got to the hall, picked out a chair and returned it to my seat. Soon after, it was time for the opening assembly, or as some like to call it, it was time for line up. Janet, Emily, Amber and Kevin stood in the line respectively and I stood behind Kevin. Kevin liked quite uncomfortable and he asked me to stay in front of him. I agreed to switch places with him as I owed him a favour anyway. Amber looked back and asked me, "Ugh! Why do you, of all people have to stand behind me?" "Some reason you're standing in front of me, if you have a problem with that, you can  move🙂"I replied her with a soft smile.
    Some time later, Amber stepped on me and claimed it was an accident. I overlooked that until she began swinging her long, luscious braids into my face. I just guessed and went to the back of the line and Kevin followed suit. "I'm so sorry on her behalf, Debbie", Kelvin began. "I  really don't see any logical reason why you should be defending her right now." I replied. "I'm not trying to defend her, I just don't want you to be upset🤷🏽." He added in reply.
     Tricia was very late late to school that day and I began to wonder what was going on. She got to school during the third period and was not in a very bright mood. I asked her why she was late but she completely ignored the question.

     There was this particular friend of Kevin's, Joshua-fondly called Josh. Joshua had a very huge crush on Amber, just like most boys did. I heard that some years back, Joshua publicly asked Amber to be his girlfriend but not only did she refuse, she laughed at his face. Some say the only reason Josh and Kevin were friends was because he knew Amber liked Kevin. Amber and Joshua eventually started dating each other recently and become very close. They did all sorts of things together and acted like that were married. So oppressing! And just when I thought things couldn't get more serious between those two clowns, they decided to get married! So ridiculous.
      The 'ceremony' took place in our classroom when two teachers were absent consecutively. They gave out so many snacks and even had a big cake brought to school. Of course, Amber was allowed to do that, her rich daddy really spoiled her. At the end of the wedding, Amber stood on a table, completely drunk and announced, "Thanks to all of you present here, celebrating with me...but this marriage doesn't mean I'm completely taken, feel free to fall I love with me!" I just stared at her, I mean, she's 14 years old and she already lives such a life. I couldn't be surprised if she gave birth in the next 9 months. "Is this the kind of person I'm meant to be falling for?" Kevin muttered. I ceased the opportunity and added, "She's getting married at this age! She doesn't even know what love is." "Anyway...I really should congratulate Joshua at least" Kevin commented.
   "Why?🤨" I asked

"He's my classmate.."

"It'll be like you support what he's doing!"

"But I don't, and the least I can do I say congratulations. Couldn't be that bad" He replied and I went with him to see Josh.

"Big man! Congratulations" Kevin said to Josh
"Kevin, Thank you! Would you like a drink?" Josh replied, offering Kevin an alcoholic drink.

"No, thank you" Kevin replied

"😂small boy, suit yourself" Josh said, laughing at Kevin.