It's overwhelming

And finally! The day was here. I woke up extra early and dashed into the bathroom. After taking care of all things necessary, I went to my mum's room to check if she was awake and she was. "Mummy, good morning ma", I said getting on both my knees in front of my mum. "This is the earliest you've ever woken up during the weekend", my mum replied with a soft grin on her face. "No, it's not, it's just about 9:00 am. And it felt like I woke up by 4:00 or something", I replied arguably in a disappointed and tired tone. "Even I woke up before you did, Debbie. I can see you're really looking forward to this your little outing", my mum stated. "😅Yeah, it's my first time going out with friends". I answered nervously.
     My mum shot an unsure glance at me and the atmosphere was so tense! It felt like she could see right through me and could tell I wasn't being completely honest. I forced on a smile and my heart started racing when, interrupting the heat of that moment, my phone buzzed. I liked at the screen and it was a message from Kevin saying 'Ready when you are'. "Mummy, my friends said they're ready. Are you?" I asked my mum. "But have you eaten? What did you eat?", My mum asked in concern. I could tell she felt distressed leaving me to go out by myself. But it just seemed like she was overreacting. For all she knows, I'm going out to a mall with my friends, not to the house of a hardened criminal and murderer🙄. "Yes...I ate some cereal. My friends and I will eat on our way there anyway" I replied, trying to reassure her. She heaved a deep sigh and I was beginning to reconsider leaving her alone here for so long. Or maybe she was just acting like that to get me to pity her and stay. My mum does that a lot. But this is too big of a deal for me to cancel plans. I'm going anyway.

      Minutes later, my mum and I arrived in the compound of Kevin's parents. My mum carefully parked her car between the 4 other luxurious cars already parked there. I stepped out of the car and gazed at the colossal mansion in front of me. That house was HUGE! I could've sworn it was a palace. I mean, we all knew Kevin was somewhat rich, but this place was so elaborate. I couldn't get my eyes off the beautifully adorned balcony and all the chandeliers that hung from almost everywhere. There were two little gardens on both sides of the front of the house with a tall, green tree in the middle of each. I couldn't stop staring in awe, I immediately started visualising myself living here with my own family. A woman immediately offered to take my bag and my mum's from us as she led us to the frontage with so many chairs and sofas. The woman looked like a member of staff as she wore a uniform-like outfit. Even the frontage of this house was as big as my parents room. It was a tiled compartment for guests or probably for receiving fresh air. We sat on the long, soft couch and the same woman pointed at the various drinks and juices on the table before us and said, "Welcome! Sir Kevin has been awaiting your arrival for some time now. Please, make yourselves at home. You can have as many drinks as you want in the mean time. I'll inform him of your presence and he should be with you shortly. I just couldn't stop smiling! As soon as we were left alone, my started, "Debbie! Where is this now? Are you sure you know these people? This place that is looking like a palace, ehn! O ò ní kóbá mi o-you won't implicate me." "Calm down first. Me too I'm quite shocked. But let's wait for some time. I told you the guy is wealthy already. Drink your drink. See! They have Malt, drink it." I said to reassure my mum and continued to look about. I tilted my head to the left and saw an enormous pool. "They even have a pool in this house too. God when o" I thought to myself. The pool looked completely blue and the as the reflection of the pulchritudinous sun on its fresh water created a breathtaking view. Shortly after, Tricia appeared before us. "Good morning ma! You guys should come inside na. Kevin is still in his room. I don't even know what he's doing.", She said as she led us into the living room and as expected, it was beautiful and so sophisticated. There we saw Kevin's mum. "Good morning ma. It's so wonderful to finally see you! Welcome. I hope the journey wasn't too stressful." She said as she and my mum exchanged pleasantries. Some time later, my mum was set to leave. I hugged her tight and said goodbye. She said a short prayer for me too and reminded me to call her frequently as she promised to call me when she got home. Then she finally took her leave. Kevin's mum also left the living room and it was finally just me and Tricia in there. "Where is Kevin now? What exactly is he even doing?", I asked Tricia with impatience. "Kevin always takes forever to get ready, but I believe it's worth it. Chill" Tricia replied warmly as she handed the TV remote over to me, signalling for me to watch whatever I wanted in the mean time. But I just got there, so of course I wasn't comfortable enough to do that. All I wanted to do at that moment was to take as many pictures and videos of the majestic house to send to my neighbour and close friend, Kemi. So I asked Tricia, "Is it okay for me to take a short video of myself and send to my mum in here?" Tricia giggled and said, "You want to send to your mum or you want to send to your friends? Even I shouted Jesus when I first saw this place that looks like a castle. It's only normal to want to show it to your people. By the way, I think it's fine to take pics sha. Just don't let their faces show. They have cameras here". I laughed and said, "You don catch me-You have caught me." Tricia went on to tell me about her experience in the house since she got there as we took pictures together, clearly showing the elegant background of different corners of the house. A few minutes later, Kevin showed up.
And buttressing what Tricia earlier said, it was worth the wait.