Prologue Pt. 2

*WARNING: talk of abuse, molesting, miscarriage, throwing up, and murder*

Los Angeles March 23, 2019

*Lorelei's Pov*

It had only been a month since my mom died, I was still grieving, as everyone would be, but most people would spend their days grieving with their families. Instead I shut everyone out, or everyone who was alive out. I still went to work and talked to Willie, he really helped me. Caleb also told me that I was a witch after an incident occurred and I got out of control. He taught me how to control it but we are still working on being able to do anything on command.

I'm now 16 and it was a Friday evening. I had gotten into a fight with my dad and aunt because they wanted me to go through and get rid of some of my moms stuff, they told me that it would help me move on, like anyone wants to move on.

Anyways, we had gotten into a fight and I stormed out, I was going to work to blow off steam and get my mind off things. On the way there a truck started following me, they ended up catching me off guard when I got out of my jeep and grabbed me.

Los Angeles April 23, 2019

I was stuck with this man for a month, I know that doesn't sound like that long but when he's torturing, starving, and molesting you every few days it feels like forever. On the month mark he got tired of me and murdered me.

I became a ghost the second he shot me and felt every little thing he did with my body after that. I immediately went to find Willie and Caleb, they had been looking for me everywhere and I also found out my family put out missing posters and filed a missing report.

I begged Caleb to make me seen by lifers, he allowed it and made it to where I can touch them and choose when I do and don't want to be seen by them.

When I saw my family again they were relieved, I couldn't just tell them I was kidnapped and murdered so I told them I went on vacation and showed them an old suitcase that I had left in my car. They believed me and grounded me for a long time. It wasn't fair but it was better than them knowing.

Julie found my scars and bruises that I had but she promised to keep them from our family, I don't even remember what I lied about but she believed it. It also took awhile for me to get a hang of being a ghost. Nevertheless, I figured it out, with the help of Willie of course.

Los Angeles May 14, 2019

*Lorelei's Pov*

It had been a month since I died, I was now grieving the loss of my mother and myself. I distanced myself from my family, especially Julie. I got a few tattoos, they represent the important things in my life.

I was home alone and hanging out with Willie in my room writing a new song, I was singing a line to the rhythm when I had this wave of nausea hit me, I quickly ran to the toilet and threw up. Willie quickly followed behind me and held up my hair.

We sat there for a minute until I knew I was okay, I flushed the toilet and went to the sink, Willie still holding my hair up. As I finished washing my mouth out Willie spoke, "Are you sure you're okay, this has been happening since you got back."

I nodded my head, "It only happens a few days a week, plus after I throw up I'm fine" Willie let go of my hair and turned me around, hugging me. "Yeah but you told me your period is nine days late" I was about to start crying at his thoughts, "I know its a possibility since that man did... things to me a lot but I don't know if I want what your thinking to be true"

"Just take the test, if its negative we will figure out what's wrong, if its positive I will help you through it." I just stayed in his warm embrace and nodded.

I had taken the test in my bathroom, I opened the door when it was time to flip it over so Willie could see with me. He rubbed my back as I turned it over. We both looked at it for a minute before I dug my face in his neck and cried. "How? I died."

"I don't know, but we can go ask Caleb and see if he knows."

And that's exactly what we did. He basically told us that the witch side of me probably protected the baby and that's why it didn't die when I did.

Los Angeles June 10, 2019

*Lorelei's Pov*

It was a Monday evening after school and I was working with Willie, tonight we were serving tables and I would occasionally go on stage to sing with the bands since Willie doesn't sing. I found out a few weeks after we met that he plays guitar, and even though he's not a pro he's still pretty good.

I was waiting a table with Willie next to me, everything was going good until I started to feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I quickly dropped what I was holding and grabbed the area in pain.

Willie stopped what he was doing and pulled me into the hall, away from the people. The pain just kept getting worse to the point that I was crying in his arms.

My mind was moving a million thoughts per minute, that's when I felt blood. I looked down and saw the fact that I bled through my pants, I stopped sobbing and just closed my eyes, tears falling as I did. I silently cried in his arms until Willie broke the silence, "What just happened?"

"I had a miscarriage."

Later when I was in my room with Willie we started to discuss the events that happened at work.

We laid on my bed cuddling. "Are you okay? You know after what happened earlier?"

"Yeah I think so, I mean I wasn't ready to be a mom anyway but It- It was probably my last chance to be a mother."

That was one of the worst days of my life, but that just shows that Willie is going to be in my life forever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was a longer chapter so I apologize. And I do want to say that I've never been through any of this stuff so it's hard to write about and write about it correctly. Next chapter will be chapter 1 where the story actually starts so there will be less time jumps, also pay attention to the dates this chapter it tells you how long things occurred for (duh) anyways xoxo ~Mads