~Chapter 3~

Los Angeles, September 11, 2020*Lorelei's Pov*Me and Julie talked to Flynn and told her that Julie sang again

*Lorelei's Pov*
Me and Julie talked to Flynn and told her that Julie sang again. They both went to get in my car and I told them I would be there in a minute. I looked around the studio for a minute before I poofed to the outside of my car, Julie and Flynn were already inside. We jammed out to Taylor Swift the whole ride to school, and Flynn talked about the importance of her.

Once we got to school I went to my French class while Julie and Flynn rushed to the music room to tell the teacher she sang and played again.

*Julie's Pov*
I tried to talk her into letting be back in the music program. "I'm sorry Julie but my hands are tied, there are only-" Mrs. Harrison told me as I cut her off. "So many spots, and if I don't participate I'm out."

"Trust me Julie I've prayed for this moment for over a year, but Principal Lessa made it clear that yesterday was your last chance."

Flynn tried to talk her into it too, but failed. We walked out of there sad, "Now my life will be that sad picture I just painted for you." Flynn said as I giggled. She always knew how to cheer me up.

*At Home*

*Julie's Pov*
When I got home I walked in my room to see three teenage boys snooping around. "What are you guys doing in my room?" Reggie, who was laying on my bed did a high pitched um. While Luke, who was trying to get in my dream box, said, "We were looking for the kitchen?" In a high pitched voice.

"This... this can't happen. It's creepy. Get off my bed please" Luke, who was still standing by my dream box, raised his hand. "Hey, Julie. What's in the box?" I shook my head, "That's off-limits" Luke just chuckled at that mumbling okays before I heard him say, "Girl stuff." In a high pitched tone.

Reggie, who was now sitting on my cushion at the end of my bed, spoke. "Oh, like butterflies and glitter?" Alex butted in, making me put my attention on him. "Oh come on. I'm sorry about them."

I just crossed my arms and replied, "It's none of your business. And yes, there might be some glitter." That made Reggie smirk. I started looking at Luke until Alex picked up a photo on my dresser and walked over to my bed.

"Hey! I actually picked something up." He dropped the photo, "I dropped it." He said in a sad tone. The boys walked over to the photo of me, my mom, and Lorelei.

"Is that a photo of your mom? And who's that with you guys?" I grab the photo and hold it to my chest, "Yes, and it my favorite photo of us so if you break it I break you. And that's my sister"

Reggie replied, "Well I think we're kind of unbreakable at this point" Luke laughed at that, "Yeah I agree, and I didn't know you had a sister."

We all stopped talking for a minute, hearing a girl singing. We all just enjoyed it until Luke spoke up, "Is that her?" I nodded, still enjoying her singing, until she stopped.

"Hey why'd she stop?" Reggie said a bit sad.

That's when we were interrupted by a knock on my door, it was Lorelei.

*Lorelei's Pov*
I had a long day at school, between one of many essays and drama in my friend group. I was just relieved that I didn't have work tonight.

When I got home I went to my room and continued on a song I was working on.

Stay with me a little longer
I will wait for you
Shadows creep
And want grows stronger
Deeper than the truth

I stopped when I heard Julie talking in her room normally I wouldn't think much of it but I heard...guy voices? That's weird, I didn't think Julie had anyone over.

I walked out of my room and to Julie's, knocking on her door. I peep my head into the room, "Hey Julie I thought I heard-" I stopped when I saw three boys and a scared Julie. "Oh sorry I didn't know you had company. Does Dad know they're here? Cause he wouldn't let your door be closed."

Julie looks at me shocked, "Wait- you can see them?!?!" I stared at her confused, that's when it hit me...they're ghosts. But how can Julie see them? Wait, can she touch them?

A brunette spoke to me, "How can you see us?" I think for a minute. I have to play this smart, no one needs to know I'm a ghost too, especially Julie.

"Should I not...be able to see you?" Alex shakes his head, "No, you see... we're-" I cut them off knowing what the blondes going to say, "Ghosts. I know, and before you ask, I've seen ghosts for a fair share of my life and no, I don't know how."

I wasn't telling a complete lie, I have seen them most of my life but I did know how. "Anywayssssss I'm Lorelei nice to meet you!" I said waving to them, I would have shook their hands but you know...I'm not supposed to be able to touch them.

"I'm Luke and this is...-" He points to Alex, "Oh I'm Alex" Luke then points to Reggie, "And I'm Reggie." They wave back.

"It's nice to meet you guys-" That's when we were interrupted by dad coming in the room. "Hey. Everything okay? I thought I heard you talking to someone in here but I guess it was just Lori"

"Yeah we're okay dad, Thanks for worrying about us." Julie said to him, he gave us a thumbs up and walked away. Reggie, being the light hearted guy he is, made a comment about our dad. "Your dad seems like the kind of guy who likes to barbecue. I bet he has a great ribs recipe."

That made me blush, Reggie seems sweet and he's pretty cute as well. "I don't know but if you guys wanna talk to us, we have to do it in the studio. He's worried about us as it is."

Luke decided to speak his first thought, "He seems chill. You should just tell him about us." I was in shock, who in their right mind would go up to your dad and say 'Oh and by the way I'm friends with three ghosts from a boyband' Like that's one way to be put back in therapy.

"You're kidding, right?!?" I said a little upset he's not using his brain. Might as well tell my dad I'm a ghost, ha like that was ever gonna happen. "This past year, everyone's been watching over me, being super nice, as if they're waiting for me to snap like Lori did."

"Wowwww Jules, really calling me out there. But it's true if we tell our dad we met a ghost band, she'll be back to talking to Dr. Turner three days a week, and I'll be up to a full week."

"Yeah you probably shouldn't tell him." Luke said going over to Julie's bed and flirtatiously saying, "so where is your kitchen by the way." Julie looks at him with heart eyes for a minute before going serious. "Okay we need to set a few rules, first things first, get out of my room!" They all left quickly except Lorelei, who stayed to talk to Julie for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
            I'm sorry this chapter took so long to make, it's Christmas and I've been trying to focus on school. I'm also sorry for any spelling mistakes in any part of the book, I always choose to write at the worst times and rush. Next chapter will be continuing on the second episode of Jatp. Thanks lovelies,
          ~Mads 🖤