Electric Touch

Hii! Before I start I just want to say thank you for the love in the first few schapters of this. I would definitely say it's been an interesting time and getting the feel for writing has been a little difficult. I wanted to try first person pov just to try something new. Unless said differently they will be in Evelyn's pov.

~

I walk into the changing room after arriving at the training grounds. Most of the girls were already in there getting ready for the long day of training ahead. I find my place between Vic and Lessi trying to coordinate a date for us all to go out. In the corner across from us I see Caitlin and Steph whispering in the corner, wanting to see what they are up to. I skip over to them.

"Whatcha guys talking about over here" I say with a grin on my face

"Nothing" they both reply slyly, "But you'll find out soon enough" and they both walk away leaving me alone with curiosity.

I walk back over to Lessi and Vic

"Have any idea what they could be whispering about" I ask them

"Probably something to do with their national team" Lessi said, "It seems like the only reasonable answer"

With our questions still filling out thoughts we make our way out to the field where the rest of the team is gathered along with the coaching staff. With them is someone I don't recognize right away.

"Girls" Jonas begins to say. "Please welcome our new signing Kyra Cooney-Cross

"Hi" she says shyly.

Right away Caitlin and Steph start introducing her to the team, before I get a chance to get pulled away with the other goalkeepers and staff.

Training itself was smooth, I managed to stop almost everything besides the occasional chip.

After training I find Vic and Lessi

"So how is the new girl" I ask, seeing as goalkeepers had their own separate training today.

"She is the sweetest" Vic replies, "And she is so so good"

"We were thinking we could invite her out tonight with us, seeing as she doesn't know anyone besides Cailin and Steph"

I agree happily and I'm on my way back to Beth's house to get ready.

I get home a little after the couple so they have already started on dinner, the smell of souple fills the air, I watch the couple dance simultaneously to the Taylor Swift coming through the speaker. I snapped a picture of them giving myself a small reminder to send it to them later.

"Evy! Is tomato soup good for you tonight" Beth calls from the kitchen, still wrapped in Viv's arms

"Actually i'm going for dinner tonight with Less, Vic and Kyra, they wanted to welcome Kyra"

"That sound's fun, don't stay out too late" Viv scolds

I roll my eyes and make my way up to my room. I take a quick shower and blow my hair out. Then I struggled with picking out an outfit. I wasn't sure the dress code of the place we were going to so I ended up with a little black dress, fancy but not over the top. I finish up with light makeup. I say goodbye to Beth and Viv and drive toward the restaurant.

Heading inside I meet Lessi and Vic who are already there taking up one side of the booth. The waiter comes over and pours me a glass of water and we make small talk until Kyra comes.

"Hi, sorry I am so later, I got lost on the way here" Kyra admits

In this moment I get a good look at Kyra, her hair is blown out, the makeup she is wearing compliments her freckles, and her eyes. I'm mesmerized by them. She sees my eye contact and smiles before sliding into the booth next to me. With the booth being on the smaller side her body rubs up against mine, sending chills down my spine. She's warm but not too warm, the scent of vanilla perfume is strong.