Delicate

After the national break I was headed back to London. It was an exciting break where I managed to start both games against Colombia keeping clean sheets both times. It was nice to see all of the girls after such a long time.

The plane ride itself was long, since I was younger I've always had a fear of flying. I managed to get a window seat and ended up sleeping for the majority of the ride.

When touching down back in London I swiftly headed back to my apartment. I had training the next morning and it was already late in the night. I plopped my bags down on my couch still littered with the blankets I had been using before I left. Dragging my feet to the bathroom I washed my face and brushed my teeth before falling asleep.

The next morning I woke up before my alarm, it was 7 and training didn't start until 10. Wanting to have a productive morning I spent a little time tidying up my apartment. When the apartment was clean I felt so much better and my stress just seems to go down. After sitting down on my kitchen island I feel a ping on my phone.

KyKy: Want to go get a coffee before training so I can pick you up at 20?

Evie: Yes of course I missed you!

Wanting to not be late for Kyra I quickly throw everything I need into my bag and throw on an Arsenal tracksuit. My curls seemed to be under control so I left it down.

Not long after I hear a beep from the road signaling that Ky was here. I rush down the stairs into the front seat of her car. Taylor Swift is already blasting on the speakers.

I reach over the middle console and give her a hug, I breathe in her strawberry scent.

"How was national camp" I ask her after sitting back down in my seat

"It was good, I played well Caitlin got a hatty"

"I know that already" I say playfully "I watched the games"

"You stayed up" she asks me "That was such a big time difference"

I just blush and nod my head, ever since our friendship started I was infatuated with the girl. What I saw in training was amazing and her footwork was admirable.

We pulled up to the little coffee shop that happened to be right down the street from the training grounds, not many people knew about it so when we walked in there were only a few people littered around on the various types of chairs and sofas. I order us both vanilla lattes and we find an unoccupied table.

"How was your camp, I know it must be hard not seeing any of your teammate anymore" she asks starting a conversation

"It was amazing, I used to spend everyday with Trin so it was great to catch up with her"

We then tell each other funny stories from our own camps before getting back in the car to head to training.

We walked in a few minutes earlier than we were used to, however many people were already in the changing room.

"Wow, look at them" Katie McCabe's voices echos "Their early today, that never happens"

"Shut up Kaite" Kyra says as she gives a gentle shove toward the Irish girl. "We were getting coffee down the street"

"Getting coffee now" Caitlin smirks from the seat next to Katie

"You guys are so annoying" I say back to them but my face slowly getting red

I throw my training gear on, and put my hair into a messy bun. Today was a media day so training was cut a little bit short to make room for the promotions we had to film. We were also told that the social media admin was going to be filming an inside training so a full day of cameras on my face, which I didn't mind.