Chapter 1.

Fours years later.

Patience's POV

"It's good to be home," I walked into my room and sat my bags down. After almost four years, I'm finally back in North Carolina.

"Hey siri, call "my baby"." I said as I took my shoes off.

"Calling my baby with big heart little heart."

"You here?" She asked as soon as the phone connected.

"Yes ma'am," I smiled and she screamed in the phone, "I'm about to walk across the street open the door," She immediately hung up and I shook my head.

I missed Ari so muchhh, we only saw each other for a weekend every 3 months and on breaks and that wasn't enough. Even though we talked on the phone everyday I missed being around my best friend.

"My babyyyy," I pouted when she came in and jumped on me. "I missed you so much," she cried and I did the same. We were so dramatic.

"Didn't yah just see each other last month?" My daddy walked over and said with my mama in tow.

"Mama why this man in here?" I joked and he pushed at my head.

"It's different now old man, she finally moved backk, so we gone be back glued to the hip." Ari said and he mugged her. "You was still over here like she still lived here anyway, sicka yo ass." He said and my mama laughed.

"Leave my girls alone Quincy, hey pooh," my mama came and hugged me, "We ain't even hear you come in, I told you to call me." She said as she gave me a thousand kisses.

"I thought yah was gone be sleep, its late and I'm 23 mama, I'm alright." I said as I still hugged her.

"Why you ain't let her go yet then?" My dad came up and pulled my mama away from me so he could kiss her.

"You make me so sick daddy," I laughed and he did the same, coming to hug me and kiss my face, "I missed you babygirl," he mumbled in my hair as I enjoyed his embrace. Besides Ari, my parents were my best friends and I wanted to be like them when I grew up.

Their marriage wasn't perfect by any means because what marriage was? but it was clear to anybody how much they loved each other.

"I missed you too daddy, don't make me cry," I hit his side and he laughed.

"Where Ty and KD?" I asked about my brother and sister.

"Bug at that boy house and KD somewhere with Roman, they should be here any minute now." My mama answered as her and my daddy went back to their room and I nodded.

Just when she said that, the front door opened.

"P!" My brother yelled when he seen me and ran to me picking me up, "Damn how much you been eating girl the fuck?" He said as he still held me up, making me laugh.

"Shut the hell up Kayden," I rolled my eyes as he put me down. "Baby brotherrrrr, I missed youuuu," I kissed his face. "Why you get bigger every time I see you? I'm sick of it," I mugged him and he laughed.

"Hey big back," Rome smiled, coming to dap me up and I sighed. "Why you in my house dirt neck?" I tilted my head and asked as I finished dapping him.

"KD was with the team at my crib, came back to drop him off." He said before hugging me and looking over to Ari who was on her phone, smiling.

"Wassup Arielle." He said so she could hear and she looked up and spoke back.

They broke up about a year ago because it wasn't working for either of them, but remained friends.