Prologue 2.

Part 2.

Omniscient POV.

Almost 2 and a half years later.

"We really about to go to homecoming, we look good as fuck on the bros," Ari gassed, as they stood in the bathroom finishing up their get ready.

"Ya hea meeee," Patience turned around to look at how her ass was sitting in her dress.

"Look at it again, watch I pop yo ass with this comb," Mama shanti came in and mugged her making both the girls laugh. "Dang ma you always tryna hit me." Patience said as her mom put the finishing touches on her hair that already looked good.

"Cause you always on my nerves," She looked them over. "My pretty girlsss, Chelle hurry up with the camera," She fussed to Ari's mom who was trying to fix the Polaroid.

"Dont be fussin at me extra ass, I said let's use the phone camera but null you wanna do all this." She said and they went back and forth while the girls recorded themselves on their own phones.

"You and Rome about to be so cuteeee I'll cry right now," Patience pouted while thinking about them.

"This could be you too, but you wanted to play, I still can't believe you and Mari not going together, I'm still mad bout that shit." Ari said in a hushed tone since their moms were on the other side of the room now.

"Mari got a whole date, he good I'm good I'm steppin dolo tonight." She went back to taking her pictures and Ari just shook her head at her best friend.

"You know damn well yal got a thing for each other, it's been two years and yal still ain't made nun happen with that information." Ari said, making Patience look at her, tired of this conversation from everyone.

She couldn't lie, well she could and she has lied about it, but the truth was she liked Kamari. A lot. Ever since a year ago at the school lockdown. She thought he was cute when they first met of course, but after that day they just became close friends.

He's messed with a few girls over the years but nothing serious, and she did what she did but also nothing serious.

She wanted to talk about their feelings but she didn't feel as though he liked her and she wasn't about to risk their friendship because he was one of the best highlights of her everyday life.

Before Ari could respond, KD came up to tell them that the boys were here and their hearts dropped, but they were excited nonetheless.

Ashanti and Rochelle, snapped pictures all the way down the stairs and both boys jaws were immediately on the floor.

"Close ya mouth boy." Patience laughed at Mari and he did the same after closing it like she said. "You look good thug," she complimented him, running her hand over his waves while he blushed at her compliment and gesture.

Before they knew it a light flashed on them, catching them off guard.

"Really mama," Patience looked at her and she shrugged. "Chile you gone thank me for that one day, now all yal get together, yal look so fine," She geeked and they all laughed while the fathers joined the party and they all got their rounds of pictures before soon heading out, after hearing the speech from their parents.