Chapter Two

The Vermillion in her hairline and the mangalsutra hanging between her bosom felt heavy on her body, she looked dazed as she stare the man standing at front of her who looked handsome in the creame colour Sherwani he has wore today, she look around to see the witness of their marriage, The Queen who was once her friend was looking at them with a frown on her face, Sakshi, the sister in law she came to know in her stay at Minister Vinaay's house looked at them heatly, the brother of Minister Vinaay was looking unbothered and the brother in law or to be more precise the king of Kingdom has no expression on his face just a tight lipped smile.

"Stand up on your place" The priest said and she felt the man beside her standing before she followed as well, it all has happened suddenly, only last night she has left her home and was abandoned like a useless thing by her Parent 'I will never disgrace a woman by making her my mistress, I will never disrespect the gender I respect most' it was Vinaay's word when she was done crying against his chest 'Now your father has given you to me, I will be the one taking care of you and your needs' it was the last thing she has heard before she was pulled into the valley of darkness and when she woke up the maids were around her making her wear bridal cloth and preparing her like a bride.

"Join your hands to take blessing of God, Before you go and take blessings of elders" The priest said once again pulling her out from her head, she look at the man beside her who has his hand joined at front of him, eyes closed as he repeated words of Mantra spoken by priest, she did same by joining her hand and closing her eyes.

The couple rose from their place after taking blessing of God and priest before they made their way towards King and Queen to take their blessing, even though The Queen look bothered and unhappy she still blessed both of them with a strained smile and King Shivay blessed them and gifted them a small house in main area of village and a carriage, They both went ahead to take blessing of Minister Vinaay's brother and sister in law and the couple blessed them, where the brother was looking unbothered and happy the sister in law has tint of disgust, sadness and anger in her eyes.

_________________

"Why?" The Queen asked  glaring at her twin brother "Why all of sudden bhai?" The King has his princess in his arm who looked startled by her mother's loud voice and on verge of crying so he silently left the chamber with his daughter leaving the siblings alone.

"Because I...."Minister Vinaay look bothered as he searched for his words carefully

"You what?"

"I have, I have touched her against her will  when I was working with Daku, I have taken her forcibly and even threatened her with her and her family's life, send her here to look after y...." The slap was loud enough for Veena to hear as she stood silently outside of the chamber with tears, the man hasn't done anything with her except taking off her cloth with his eyes closed, kissing her lips in which she somewhat cooperated, if it would have been another man who would have gotten his hand on her like what has happened before she would have been used like a whore, beaten to pulp, starved and abused but it was Minister Vinaay who has done nothing more than what was needed in that dire situation, he has even fought with the man who has asked him to share.

"I don't believe you" The Queen stammered.

"It was needed at that time Your Highness" The pain and shame both was evident in his voice, Minister Vinaay loves his sister and Queen of Kingdom alot, his sister is everything to him and seeing the disgust and anger in her eyes was heartbreaking and so painful for him

"Get out, Get out from here and never dare to show me your face again" The Queen pushed her brother out of chamber "Don't let him enter inside" she ordered the guard when Minister Vinaay tried to get inside and talk to her, but he was held back by the guard who heard their Queen loud and clear and wouldn't at any cost let anyone cross her word.

"Vinaay" The stern and hard voice belonged to King who watched the scene unfolding with his steel like gaze "Give her some time" and with that King Shivay entered inside the chamber of his wife with his daughter.

"Let's leave" Minister Vinaay said and held her hand in soft grip as he made his way out of palace and to the gifted carriage, he ordered the driver to take them to the village to their gifted house, once inside the carriage he left her hand and scooted far away from her, his body was burning in anger and shame, Veena look at him worryingly and for a moment she looked at the man beside her in another light, her heart ached seeing him sad and broken, she wanted to comfort him but was in no place to do so, so she held herself back controlling her emotions and looked ahead.

_______________

"She was thrown out of her home Bhabhi, her parents wanted to give her to brothel and when I opposed they offered me to take her in as a mistress, What could I have done?" they have reached at new home hours back and after them another carriage has arrived with Sakshi and Vignesh, Veena was in the back room but was able to hear everything going in the room beside hers clearly including the question 'why did you marry a girl like her Vinaay' Sakshi has asked.

"It's not your concern Vinaay, It was her problem, she is their child and it was on them what they wanted to do with her, but by making her your wife You have brought shame on our family, you have married a woman who was touched by another's man" The sister in law retorted, pain burst into Veena's chest,tears streamed down from her eyes, everyone was making it sound like it was her mistake that she was raped, as if being victim of such crime is sin as if she was willing participant of the horrible accident which has ruined her life "Do you have any feeling for her?" Unknowingly Veena's ear perked up, suddenly intrested to hear his response.

"How could you even think about it bhabhi? I harbour no feelings for her, If it would have been another girl I would have done the same and I felt I have wronged her in past and I wanted to redeem my mistake" the words were different from what he has felt inside, Minister Vinaay has felt the uncontrollable attraction towards the girl from the moment he has laid his eyes on her, he doubted he would have ever married if it would have been any other girl and not her, the words crushed the ray of hope in Veena's heart, She knew it was a pity from his end but hearing it from his mouth made her heart ache in pain, she knew a deflowered impure girl like her is no match to Minister of Kingdom who has lines of girl dying to marry him after he has gained his reputation by helping Your Majesty into killing Dakus and being the youngest first minister of any kingdom across world, he has won many hearts by his wisdom intelligence and courage and from the day he has taken rein of his position their kingdom is growing and developing more and more.

"Then it's better if you end it Vinaay..." Now Veena wasn't interested in hearing more, she moved to the bath corner in house and washed her face before she slowly started to take off her jewelry followed by her bridal dress and changed herself into plain skirt and blouse, once she made it back to the room she saw now a very angry Sakshi glaring at her and her new husband sitting on bed looking unbothered as he played with his shawl.

"I will be taking my leave if it's what that you want" Sakshi said angrily and left not before hitting Veena's shoulder hardly from hers making Veena stumble on her place before she gained control on her feet.

Minister Vinaay got up from his place, didn't even spare a glance towards her and left from the room to the room beside hers, hours passed he didn't return and Veena understood the meaning behind, she laughed sadly on her fate, feeling like a fool to even believe for a moment that may be may be this marriage would work, may be it will be start of her new peacefull life but now only she realised that she was being a fool to think that a high ranking noble man like him would touch, like or ever care for a disgusting impure girl like her, even though it was something she has always knew and felt but still it broke her heart and made it ache in pain, she didn't know what to hope for future and thinking all things which has happened in past 16 years of her life including the events of today she fell asleep.

_________________