six.

Marley and John B joined the other Pogues after Marley managed to snatch Cameron's scuba gear. Now, they were on their way to the marsh, headed for the sunken wreck that Marley hadn't seen before. She realized their actions were risky - using stolen scuba gear to explore a dead man's submerged boat, especially when explicitly warned by the police to stay away from the marsh.

Despite this, Marley remained remarkably calm, casually opening a beer that Kie had thoughtfully brought. Taking a measured sip, Marley settled down beside Kie with a contented sigh, getting comfortable with a subtle groan as she found her spot.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kie turned to the Maybank girl beside her, a hint of confusion on her face as she regarded Marley with astonishment.

"I took what was there?" Marley replied with a nonchalant shrug, rising to her feet to inspect the measurements on the other tanks.

Marley proceeded to examine another tank, housed in a separate bag, after finding the previous one devoid of oxygen. Meanwhile, JJ playfully tossed a crumpled piece of the beer box at his sister, hitting her squarely on the head. Laughter ensued from JJ, Pope, and John B until Marley shot them a disapproving glare.

"Okay, this one is a quarter full." Kiara mentioned as she came across a somewhat decent tank, looking around at the other Pogues who were listening to her talk, "It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together." Pope quietly mumbled under his breath, audible to everyone in the boat.

"Well it was one of JJ's." Marley chuckled in response to the disapproving look her brother gave her, grinning as she took a sip of her beer.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kie asked the group.

Marley gave the girl a look, wondering if she was kidding. Glancing at the other boys, they just shrugged and pointed at each other, leaving the situation a bit quiet and in Marley's eyes quite hilarious.

"Anyone?" Kie asked again.

"Its kinda a Kook sport," JJ casually shrugged, exchanging a glance with Pope.

"I...read about it." Pope sighed, hinting that he had some knowledge about diving with gear.

All eyes fixed on the boy, and none were surprised that he had taken the initiative to delve into reading about scuba diving. Marley couldn't fathom how he found time for such seemingly random pursuits, but she had a hunch that one day they'd come to appreciate the unexpectedly intelligent side of Pope's brain.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someones gonna die." Kie acknowledged with a nod, and Pope's face revealed a subtle touch of hurt, as if he had expected a different reaction or perhaps hoped for a bit more understanding.

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ asked.

Pope looked at the boy, "If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends."

"Bends like, bend over and..." He trailed off, adjusting his body with a slow, deliberate bend, and everyone caught on to what the boy was hinting at. Marley scoffed, swiftly reaching over to flip the boy's cap off his head, which was positioned backward.

"The bends kill you." Pope's serious tone caused JJ's expression to shift abruptly, making him abandon the position he had just been in.

"Right." JJ nodded.

"I can-I can dive." John B suggested, sending Marley a proud smile. In response, she offered him an enthusiastically fake nod, sarcastically encouraging his choice, which, in reality, turned out to be the worst one ever.