First Day Being Yours

The first day of December, Karina woke up next to Winter. No not the season but the girl who changed her life completely. Whenever she saw the brunette, her world flipped upside down. Not in a bad way but in the greatest way possible.

Winter's resting face was so precious, it calmed Karina and made all of her problems away. Karina slipped out of the bed that they had entered last night. Karina was a bit cold, the only thing that was on her upper body was her bra and that was it. The black haired girl roomed through Winter's room, finding the closet that was walk in.

For a walk in closet there wasn't much clothing in it. Most of the clothes looked like they didn't even fit Karina which was most definitely Winter's clothes. She came across a familiar hoodie, the one that she seemed to lost unexpectedly a few years ago. She took the hoodie off of the hanger, putting it up to her body.
It fitter her perfectly. But it was just a black hoodie with a cat on the back. A black cat. Karina didn't think too much of it, she just slipped it over her head and walked out of the closet.

Karina glanced at the girl who was still sleeping peacefully, cuddling the pillow that Karina replaced for her substance. She quietly opened the bedroom door, not trying to wake the brunette up even though she was a heavy sleeper. Once she successfully slipped out the bedroom she closed it quietly behind her.

Now Karina could be slightly louder than before, her movements weren't as quiet after she walked away from the bedroom door. Somehow even her fast movements made her feel dizzy, but when she would try to take it easy she'd feel like the world was spinning around her. She held onto the counter, taking deep breaths before continuing to prepare breakfast for Winter.

Things started to blur but she didn't once stop, she had no time. It was only a matter of time until Winter woke up and she didn't want her to wait until breakfast was done. She held her breath, her chest aching heavily, her hands shaking violently.

Once she finally finished preparing the plate with bacon, French toast, and a small glass with beef in it as a small snack for Winter, she slumped down in the chair, holding her head that was in pain. She didn't know why she randomly felt this way all of a sudden. Maybe it was because she got out of bed too quickly and it was just her lightheadedness. But she didn't feel this way until now. Her breath felt short, the air getting thinner and thinner.

"Karina.." Winter called out softly, seeing the black haired woman slumped down on the chair, holding her head like she was in some kind of stress. But Karina didn't reply back, she stayed in her position. "Karina!" Winter called out louder this time and Karina's head shot up to look at Winter.

"You're up? I made breakfast for you, look." Karina says with a small smile, getting up out of chair and leading Winter to her plate by the waist. Winter looked at Karina in slight concern but she sat down in front of her plate, staring at the perfectly cooked breakfast. "You'd didn't have to."

"I wanted to." Karina says softly. "Eat up," a small pat placed on Winter's shoulder. Winter took a bite out of the French toast, her eyes slightly lightening up from the taste. "It's delicious!" She squirmed. Since she was a foody, any kind of good food would make her emotion immediately go up.

The woman sighed in relief, her chest slightly clenched when she breathed out. She sat next to Winter as she watched her eat the food happily, smiling the whole time.

Once Winter was done, Karina took the plate and small glass and it in the sink, rolling up her sleeves so she could wash them. She turned on the water, setting it to warm before she began to wash the two dishes. Scrubbing them slowly because she felt a bit lightheaded, her feet shaking lightly but she continued to clean the silverware.

After she was finished washing the dishes, she dried them off with a towel, placing them in a cabinet that she originally found them in. She turned around to see Winter staring at her, her expression unreadable.

"Are we dating now..?" Winter suddenly asked, making Karina stop drying off her hands. The word 'dating' and 'Winter' made her almost cry. She wanted this for the last 4 years. The kitchen was silent, Karina not knowing how Winter would respond if she said yes. The floor was a complete blur, her feet looking like they were duplicating.

Her vision was too blurry that it made her head spin, clenching on the counter. "If you want.." Karina was able to mutter out despite her current state. She tried to lift her head to see Winter's expression but she couldn't even see that. She couldn't even attempt to point out every wrong look Winter had made.

"I do want to. But do you? You don't seem like you really want this."

Karina hardly could hear anything Winter was saying, her ears ring slightly but she fought for her love no matter how hard it would be. "Of course I want this.. I only want my future to be with you—" she says but she immediately held her breath, her gaze fixing on the floor.

"Why can't you look at me then?" Winter says, unsure if Karina had the same feelings for her. There was no response but Karina's head started to shakily lift up to meet Winter's gaze, her eyes showed a hint of sadness. Something that Winter didn't like. "I can't see you.." Karina muttered weakly.

A confusing head tilt Winter did, "what do you mean—"

A loud thud echoed the house, Karina's body laying down on the ground motionless, her vision went completely dark.

"Karina!"

"Are you a family member?" The doctor asked, holding a chart of Karina's symptoms. Winter looked over at Karina's hospital room, where she laid in a bed, her body completely moveless. "I'm her cousin." She lied, looking at the doctor who didn't seemed quite convinced. "Keep an eye on her, she seems to be going through a lot of stress and if she gets any more trouble she might have to stay in the hospital." The doctor says, writing something on his clipboard.

With a nod, "thank you." She says before entering the room, seeing Karina sitting up with her eyes open. Winter felt like it had been forever since she last seen Karina's eyes. "Love!" Winter shouted slightly in shock, but Karina was in slight shock as well. She never heard Winter call her that. She let out a small smile, holding Winter's hand gently. "What did they say to you?" The brunette asked her lover

Karina shook her head, assuring her that she was fine. "Nothing important, don't worry about it." Karina says, pecking Winter's cheek gently.

But there was certainly something to worry about that Karina could not handle to tell Winter. She couldn't bare to see Winter so upset, she decided to keep it to herself.

———————

AUTHORS NOTE:  Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.