Soulmates

"Soulmates? What is that?" Karina asked, looking at the computer screen. Winter turned to the blonde girl beside her, completely baffled by Karina's words.

The two of them took a quiz to see what kind of dynamic they had. And after 20 minutes they the results that said soulmates.

"You seriously don't know what soulmates are?" Winter asked. The blonde girl shook her head, the word seemed so familiar to her but she truly didn't know what the word meant. "Oh wait! There's an explanation right here," Karina pointed at the bottom of the word soulmate

Soulmates

A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet - a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior.
Your soulmate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness, and happiness when you are around them.

...

"So that's what it means?" Karina muttered softly after reading the description. Winter noticed a small change of body language from the older, slightly scared that she would not agree with the results.

A small smile shifted on the corners of Karina's lips, "we really are soulmates then!" Winter let out a sigh of relief, looking at Karina's glistening eyes with a soft smile. Before she knew it, Karina had already brung Winter into a warm hug. "I love you, my soulmate." Karina muttered softly into Winter's ear, making the girl blush slightly and feel warm inside. Though the three words aren't quite as she wanted them to be she still felt happy inside.

"I love you too." Winter whispers.

Unexpectedly Karina broke the warm hug, her eyes glistening with curiosity. "Do think we're soulmates in every universe?" There was a small moment of silence, Winter looking in Karina's eyes that filled with excitement. She nodded, "I hope so." Winter says nearly above a whisper.

——

Karina stared at the snow that was nearly almost gone. The roads were almost completely cleared that was just covered with snow two days ago. The snow had became hard and icy and dirt had made its way in the snow. There were footprints that showed in the snow all over, none seeming to care about the hardness that they walked through.

A small hand held Karina's arm. "Karina?" Winter spoke, noticing her girlfriend who seemed completely zoned out. Karina didn't move an inch, her eyes roomed around the white snow, the coldness filling in her nose. She then looked at Winter, the most dearest girl in the whole world. Winter's eyes were completely oblivious and lost into Karina's eyes that seemed to almost begging to loose its soul.

"I need you more than anything," Karina whispers before kissing Winter deeply, not caring if the people who walked by gave them strange looks. The both of them stood on a side walk in front of a store that they were going to go in just before Karina had stopped to look around.

Winter giggled softly against the gentle but passionate kiss, their lips matching together perfectly. With a small sigh, their lips departed. "What was that for?" Winter asked with a small smile as Karina embraced their cold bare hands together.

Karina shook her head with an unwiring smile, "I just love you, that's all. Now come on, let's get to shopping." Karina says before opening the store door, letting Winter go in first and she soon followed behind.

Immediately the store was filled with warm air, bursting at Karina's skin. She felt fine outside but now suddenly she felt dizzy. She took a glance at Winter, surprisingly her dizziness had slightly went away but if she looked away she knew she would regain the symptoms of dizziness.

Her eyes stayed on Winter the whole time, following the younger one all over the store. She didn't mind of course, her soulmate was as beautiful as hearted stars in the sky.

"Love, isn't this just adorable?" Winter asked, holding a squishy black cat plushie. Karina smiled softly, "it looks like me doesn't it?" She joked. Winter took a good look at the plushie before agreeing, "it does.. I'm getting it so I can be reminded of you everytime you aren't with me!" Winter says in excitement before adding it to her basket filled with plushies and a small white heart figure.

"You don't have to pay.." Winter muttered after Karina removed Winter's card out her hand immediately when the younger took it out her wallet.

With Karina's eyes still on Winter she spoke, "I want to." Then handing her credit card to the cashier without a glance.

———

After hours of being out with her lover, Karina got to lay in bed with her. Seeing the sleepy girl next to her was always something she looked forward to. Straight when they got home, Winter found herself dead asleep on Karina's comfortable bed. Karina laid next to her but she couldn't find the time to let herself sleep. She was slightly tired but she just couldn't sleep at all. Even though her eyes were perfectly fine from Winter being next to her, she had a killer headache. Her house was warm because Winter didn't really like the cold and she preferred to be warm.

Karina's weak hands pushed her lover's string of hair that was in her face to her ear. She then slowly pecked her forehead gently, her eyes noticing every detail of Winter's face.

How will I be able to tell you? When will the time be right for when I can tell you? My dearest, Winter. Will you be alright without me?

"Please stay alive for me." Karina whispers gently in the brunette's ear, pecking it so gently that the younger one could barely feel the lips against her ear.

No matter how hard it will be.. Stay alive for me, I promise that you can curse me. You can call the paper hearts meaningless. Just stay alive my dear.

As Karina looked at Winter more she began to feel some sort of sharp pain in her chest. She clenched her teeth, trying hard to not to show the pain. It seemed like her heart had been failing her and it seemed to be too weak to pump anymore. With deep breaths she tried to sleep it off, her arms wrapped around her soulmate's waist so loosely.

———————

AUTHORS NOTE: Thank you for reading this chapter. And also thank you for 2k reads! I appreciate it a lot!