Intruders

Sleeping among the dead is never a pleasant experience, but beggars can't be choosers. Cobweb curtains sway in every corner, the scent of rotten books in the air, skeletons of dead priests lounging around the floor. Abandoned churches are the most peaceful resting stops, now that I'm a vagabond.

Voices...

They're hissing and quiet but very distinguishable. 

They get closer and now I can see two people in black clothes with a torch. Pointing straight at me. 

I shut my eyes but it's useless as I'm the only one not a skeleton and wearing clothes.

I hear them gasp and walk over to me.

A hard kick to my ear makes my head jerk and my eyes fly open. I still can't see the person's face because of the mask but it's definitely a man. 

"What are you doing here?" He asks, poking me in the chest with a sharp knife like it's a finger.

"I mean no harm, I just wanted a place to sleep in the night... if you want a corpse... I mean you are corpse fuckers, right? There aren't any here, just skeletons." My hands are raised in a calming gesture but it only seems to agitate them. The knife slashes at my throat, opening it up; deep red liquid pours out rapidly. It's not a deep cut, just a few centimeters. The man quickly puts his mouth over the wound, sucking it. I wonder if he's trying to leave a hickey.

"Hey, hey, leave him. We just need to leave these and fuck off, T." The other person says from the double doors.

"But he looks so cute, like a little twink. Can't we take him with us? Please?" I feel the man humping my thigh, the gun in his pocket hard as a rock growing moss.

"Well it's unavoidable now he knows your voice. Come on, hurry, I'll just leave these here." I try to turn my head to see what the other person is doing, but the horny guy's hand is gripping my jaw in place, practically dislocating it from the force of his hold.

"You'd like to travel with us, won't you baby? You got family?" He murmurs against my bleeding throat. 

"J- just my siblings." I gasp, sensing the sharpness back at my throat again. The blade is tickling my side, and I giggle despite the danger.

"Nice. We'll see how much they love you this week. But love is never enough, is it?"