Chapter 9: Cluster of Lights

Earth was one of the popular touristic planets. There were many planets with intellectual life forms in the Milky Way but only some of them were developed enough to attract other planets' interests. And only a few of them offered vastly different experiences like Earth. It was a pretty place and had so many different parts to see. So many different cultures and so many different colors existed at the same time. Also, humans were not very smart and it was easy to blend in without getting too much attention.

Those who visited Earth would talk about it a lot, because it was really one of a kind for Fourth's people. Humans had so many different features that were different from them. Humans ate, they slept, they touched, they cried, they had so many different emotions. All of them were things Fourth's people couldn't even imagine existing. It was such a weird dimension to them, they all wanted to experience it once in their lives.

Fourth's people had no physical shape to touch. Their bodies were made of clusters of lights. The only thing they needed to live was the light of their sun and the telepathic connection they had with their people. They communicated through their connections and it was the only closeness they ever had with others. They were just peaceful creatures that spent most of their time standing under the sun in the bright part of their planet and the only distinct feeling they ever had was contentment with everything.

So going to Earth was -literally- a whole different world for them. Sometimes it was even too much to handle, not everybody had enough courage for it. But those who took the chance were more than satisfied; they would recommend it to everyone, even pushing the others to go, saying the planet was a must see before dying.

To put it in a nutshell, it was always a popular choice to go to Earth for Fourth's people.

The only problem was it was pretty far to Fourth's planet, and the only time it was close enough for them to open a plane to travel was May 21st on Earth. So if they ever decided to go, they had to stay on Earth for a whole year. And even though it was often fun and games there, Earth was a tiring place and it could be overwhelming from time to time. Living there and surviving day to day wasn't very easy and one year was a little long for some of them.

Fourth was feeling just like that, when he arrived at his sibling Third's condo. One year was just too long. He went to bed and didn't come out for two days. He just cried and cried. He blamed himself, he hated himself, he wanted to hurt himself. He never knew these feelings before, he didn't know what to do with them so he cried even more. He missed Gemini, he missed their house, he missed their bed, he missed Sugar, he missed his classes. He wanted to go back, he wanted to make everything return to how they were before.

But it didn't work like that. This world didn't function like that. He made mistakes, for the first time in his life, and he had to take responsibility for them. He knew, he was aware of it all, but he didn't know how to handle it. He didn't know what he could do except for crying non-stop. Not like he could stop his tears anyway, they kept pouring down.

He wanted to go home. He wanted to be back and only wanted these days to feel like distant memories after that. He wanted to feel his parents again, his other siblings and his friends... But May was still six months away and he was stuck in this boy's body for all that remaining time.

This body. Nattawat's body.

The body Gemini hated. The body Gemini found so repulsive he refused to even be near it. But if he saw Fourth's real body, he would probably be scared, as Fourth was a piece of yellow light and nothing else. Seeing Gemini with horror in his beautiful eyes would be the worst thing for Fourth, especially knowing he was the cause of it. So maybe hatred was a better option. Maybe receiving Gemini's hate was so much better than all of the other reactions Fourth deserved to receive from him.