CHAPTER 3

(ALEX, VIV'S FIT, ART STUDIO^^^)

VIVIAN'S POV

I didn't feel like working today So I called in sick at work. Yesterday we were there for only an hour. I stayed with Ethan for the remaining day cause he was still very shaken up.

I asked Ethan's nanny to pick him up from school as I was still at the college. As soon as all of my classes were over I made my way to the studio to complete my painting.

I walked in and there was no one but me. Just what I wanted. I pulled out my canvas, placed it on an easel and started painting.

I was half finished when someone walked in. I looked up and saw a guy. He was good-looking too. I've seen him once or twice around but I don't know his name.

He gave me a small smile before walking towards his place which was right in front of me. I continued with my work and so did he.

"I'm sorry. Are you in Animation class with me?" The guy asked breaking the silence. "No, I didn't take animation," I replied looking at him.

"I could've sworn I've seen you somewhere. What are you majoring in?" He asked.

"Painting," I replied. "Ohh."

"What about you? Animation?" I asked. "Yeah."

"Can I see your work sometime? Animation always intrigued me." I said with a smile.

"Of course. There's gonna be a screening here around 5 today. You should come." He said.

"Sure. I'll try." I smiled. "What is it about?" I asked trying not to fall into awkward silence.

"It's about a world where emotions manifest as musical notes. follow a character's journey to restore harmony when discord threatens the emotional balance of the universe." He answered.

"It sounds nice," I said painting on the canvas and glancing at him for a second. "What about you? When will the exhibition for your paintings will be held?" He asked.

"I don't know. I don't even know if I want my paintings in the exhibition yet."

He looked at me and came towards me. " Are you kidding me?" He exclaimed. "I..what?"

"Your work is truly amazing." He said pointing at my unfinished painting. "It's one painting and it's not even that good compared to the others," I replied with a small laugh.

"No. It's really good you should show it to other people and maybe someone buy one or two." He grinned.

"You are truly delusional." I laughed. "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch your name." He said with an awkward chuckle.

"Vivian," I replied meeting his eyes. "I'm Alex and would you maybe like to have a coffee with me." I didn't answer for a moment.

"Sure," I mumbled and a smile appeared on his face. We exchanged numbers and before leaving he told me he would text me the time and address.

I looked at my painting up and down once. I don't think it's worth putting up in an exhibition. I looked at my watch still a few minutes before the screening started.

I quickly packed up my brushes. Dried my painting with a heat gun and packed my canvas. I walked towards the theatre. It was almost full so I had to sit at the very back.

And finally, after a few minutes, the short animation started.

*•••••••*

The movie was really good. I met up with Alex after a while. He was talking to someone when I walked outside.

"Hi." He said. "Hey. The movie was great."

"Thank you."

We stared at each other for a few minutes. " I should go. My brother is alone at home."

"Sure I will text you."

We said Our byes then we both went in different directions. He seems nice but time will tell if it's true.

I was leaving the parking lot when my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.

"Miss Flair?" He asked. "Yeah" For my other job, I go by the name of Lily Flair. Because most of my jobs come from Ace's Mafia and he knows my name. So I can't take that risk.

"We want to meet you in person." He demanded. "Who's we?" I inquired. "Ace Donavan."

"No. I don't do my business like this. I keep my identity a secret." I declared. "It's an important job and we need your help in it. We will pay you 30 Grand for this one." He retorted.

"I'm sorry. That's not my way of doing the job." He finally gave up and said, "Call this number if you change your mind."

I sighed before I drove home. What is so important that they are willing to pay 30 Grand for this job.

I know Ace would never ask my help o give me a job to do if he knew my real identity. Still, I've to work for that asshole. The life my parents left me. I will never forget them for abandoning me at such a young age.

.
.
.
.
.