CHAPTER 32

VIV'S POV

I clenched my fist. It was pouring outside and my mom was snorting drugs. She was swinging around the hall unaware of what was around her. I know better not to talk when she is like that so I sat in the corner hoping this would pass away soon.

An hour passed as I sat in the corner. I was holding back my tears watching her take pills. Suddenly the door burst open and my father walked in. He had a beer in his one hand and he looked pissed.

His eyes moved around and landed on me. He walked towards me and kneeled on the ground. "I gave you 10 bucks! Where are they?" He asked calmly and softly.

I went through my pockets. Panic struck me when I couldn't find it. I must have dropped it somewhere when I was trying not to get wet from the rain. I looked up at him, he was patiently waiting.

"I. I l...lost It. I.. 'm Sorry." I gulped. His face changed. All the calmness vanished. He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside in the rain. "Dad. I'm sorry." I cried as he pushed me on the ground.

He got in the car and drove towards me. I was scared but at the right time, I was able to get away. He got out and then walked towards me. Tears fell on my eyes as he hit me.

"Stupid Bitch!" He screamed. And then I woke up. I was out of breath. I knew this would happen. Whenever I think about it or talk about it I have nightmares for at least a month.

I looked around rubbing my arms.Ethan was sleeping beside me in an unfamiliar room.

Ace asked me to stay here since Ethan was already asleep and I was way too tired to argue so I just went with it.

I exited the room and went downstairs for a glass of water. It was 2 am and I wanted to go home. After this night I've concluded that we have nothing against him.

Either way, I have to join him or he will take Ethan. After searching for 10 minutes I finally found a glass.

Suddenly the front gate opened. I grabbed a kitchen knife and tip-toed my way towards the door. Seriously there is no security here. I mean he is a mafia boss!

As I turned around the corner someone ran into me. My knife was in the air and someone let out a shriek.

"Owen!" I pulled down the knife. "Vivian?! You almost killed me!" He said out of breath. "I'm sorry! But in my defence, I thought you were a thief or something."

"In this house? Someone breaking in! That's impossible." He huffed. "It's 2 am! I wasn't thinking." I defended myself. "And why are you up?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"I can ask you the same thing!" I countered back. "I was at a party." He said with a little sadness on his face. "Didn't enjoy the party?" I asked.

"No! No, it was fine!" He said sitting on the kitchen island. He grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and then took a bite from it.

"It doesn't seem like it!" I said. "Alright! There is this girl I like! But she is too damn hard to impress!" He sighed. "Go big then. Some Girls like big gestures."

"So what did Ace do to impress you?" He asked. "Nothing! We are not dating. We don't like even each other!" I replied. "That I disagree!" He smirked.

"Shut up!" I smacked his thigh and he let out a laugh. "What's going on?" Ace asked. We were so involved in talking about Owen's love life that we didn't see Ace walk in.

"Oh, I was just asking her out nothing much." Owen teased. He walked towards us and rested his arms on the counter. "Stop messing with him, Owen," I said smacking his arm.

"Owww..." He groaned.

He looked at Ace then me. "Alright, I'm out! Good night!" Owen said and jumped down the counter. We both mumbled a good night. "See you tomorrow Viv. 8 pm." He added and winked. "Good night Owen." I smiled and he left.

I looked back at Ace and he was staring at me. "What?" I asked. "Just trying to imagine You and Owen." He replied. "And How's that working?"

"Not good." His eyes wandered down to my lips. "Why are you awake at this time?" He asked. "Nightmares."

"You want to talk about it?" He asked leaning a little closer. "Not really," I mumbled.

"Okay." There was a moment of comfortable silence between us.

"I might have a way we can win this." He said as I walked closer. "No...No. Just forget about it. I can't do this. I can't risk Ethan's life over a chance Ace. It's the only way." I said. "At least hear it!" He demanded.

"No... No then I will be tempted to try it out. And I can't. You know I can't." I said. "Viv but..." He said cupping my face. "Please. Ethan needs you." He said.

"He has to manage without me. For a while at least." I said. "Ace you have to trust me on this. I know what am I doing. This Is the only way. Now stop thinking about it. I only have 9 days." I said smashing my lips on his.

His arms snaked around my waist as he pulled me closer. But then he pulled apart. "Viv please..." He practically begged.

"I'm going to go now! Good night." I said. Before I could leave he kissed me again. We ended up going to his room and having sex. I wasn't able to close my eyes for more than 30 minutes but whenever I tried to fall asleep my father's face came to my mind.

9 days. I only have 9 days. I'm not going to waste this time figuring out what I can do. I want to spend it with Ethan, Stella, even Ace and Max. I'm not going to lose these 9 days to my father.
.
.
.
.