Chapter 5

Nestled within the heart of the bustling city London laid The Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. As Twilight descended over the city, the park became a shimmering haven of enchantment, enticing anyone who comes near its embrace. Its pathways were adorned with a mesmerizing tapestry of twinkling lights and props of Santa, reindeer and elves.

Lando and Oscar walked in sync through the labyrinth of pathways, the bright lights illuminating the way forward and a soft sound of Christmas music played. It was their third time there, but it never ceased to amaze Lando how breathtakingly beautiful it truly was. The sound of children with their parents shouting and trying to rush past them became a distant sound as Lando turned to look at Oscar to the side of him. He stared in awe as the lights brightened his pale complexion. His hands were tucked into his coat pockets and his teeth were gritted tight as the cold wind blew past them.

Lando rubbed his hands together to create some warmth, complaining to himself internally for not bringing any gloves and only wearing a hoodie (which may or may not be Oscar's, he wasn't sure until he noticed the lack of design on it), the big pocket of it doing next to nothing to keep his hands warm. They were already an hour behind their schedule since Oscar was back late from a shift at Webber Industries and Lando had assumed they weren't going anymore. That was until Oscar had burst into his room and threw one of his beloved jumpers at the boy, demanding that they still go out. He had been in such a rush to get ready, he'd completely forgotten about wrapping up appropriately.

Oscar turned to look at Lando, meeting his gaze and he rolled his eyes with a soft smile. "I told you to grab the gloves from the side!" He said.

The older boy pouted, still frantically trying to warm his hands up. "You were rushing me!" He protested.

"I literally said take your time, you're the one who wanted to get here so quickly."

"My god, it's so fucking cold." He whined, his nose and cheeks turning a crimson red. "And do you really wanna be stuck in the ferris wheel line when it gets busy later? No? That's what I thought."

"Fucking hell." Oscar mumbled under his breath and suddenly he pulled his hands out of his pockets, removing the gloves and tossing them over to Lando. "Don't say I never do anything for you."

The older boy hesitated. "Won't your hands get cold?" He questioned.

"I got some very warm pockets unlike you, plus I'll do anything to stop your whining." Oscar responded in his usual stoic voice.

Lando looked at the gloves and suddenly felt a pool of guilt building in his stomach. Nonetheless, he pulled the gloves over his hands and sighed in relief when the bitter cold slowly started to convert into a nice warmth. Without a second thought, his hand reached out to grab Oscar's before it could retreat to the coat pocket, intertwining their fingers. He faced forward, even when he could see Oscar's head turning to look at him from the corner of his eye. Nothing was said, but he felt like a thousand words had been spoken.

When they first met, Oscar was never big on physical contact with people and he still wasn't, unless it was Lando. Holding hands, hugging and cuddling in bed together were off the table at first, but the younger boy had started to reach out himself. It had meant the world to Lando and he took every chance he had to initiate some form of contact without overdoing it.

They finally reached the entrance of the park and Lando was quick to drag them along to the concession stands, all he could think about since they left their place was a steamy cup of hot chocolate. He sniffed at the air as they joined the queue, moaning in delight when the rich smell of the drink filled his nose. Oscar squeezed his hand 3 times, pulling his attention towards him.