Chapter 8

The birds were chirping their sweet melody as the sunrise shone brightly through the window, casting streaks of the golden rays and illuminating the bedroom. Lando's eyes reluctantly opened as a ray of sunshine hit him, groaning as he began to stretch his body, his bones giving a satisfying click. He looked over at the window and cursed himself for not closing the curtains before heading to sleep.

Lando found his phone was half-buried under the pillow, grabbing it to see what time it was. He smacked it on the mattress with a thud once he saw it was 9am, the phone bouncing and falling to the floor with a loud clatter. Curse the fucking sun and its impeccable timing on his day off.

His brows furrowed together in confusion, Lando could feel a tight grip around his waist and suddenly realised that his head wasn't resting against a pillow. The events of the night before came crashing down on him as he turned his head to the side in his dazed haze, finding Oscar's face just inches from his own.

Oscar laid near motionless, lips slightly parted and his chest rising and falling beneath Lando's head. His hair was flat against his head, the natural swoop of it disappearing sometime during the night. Lando couldn't help but think that he looked so at peace, like a weight had finally been lifted from his shoulders. He was satisfied to see that the purple bags under his eyes were fading.

It also filled him with glee knowing that Oscar hadn't disappeared during the night, even if he previously had his reasons for it.

Lando lifted the blanket, revealing the arm draped across his waist and immediately dropped it with a beet-red face once he noticed they were both naked under the covers.

Right- because they did that.

It almost felt like a fever dream. Yesterday, Lando woke up in Charles' house vowing to himself he wouldn't forgive Oscar and saying he didn't want to face him. The next moment, they were panting into each other's mouths with pleasure and now he was tangled between the Aussie's arms and sheets after having sex.

Maybe he didn't have as much self restraint as he thought.

God, he really needed to pee all of a sudden, plus he was very conscious of the fact that he was naked in a non-sexual context. With that in mind, Lando tried to shift his way out of the tight grip of Oscar, lifting his head from his chest and trying shuffling out from under the covers. He quietly yelped when the arm around him pulled him flush against Oscar again, fully enveloping him between his arms.

Mission failed, Oscar was too much of a clingy koala to let him go. Time for plan B.

"Osc? Oscar? Oscarrrr?" Lando whispered loudly, his hand resting against Oscar's chest and gently shaking him. He almost giggled to himself when Oscar's brows knitted together and his nose scrunched up- until he turned away from the golden rays of sunshine, turning on his side. Suddenly, Lando was flipped over with Oscar as he turned.

Another plan failed, he was beginning to run out of plans. Lando tried moving out of the grip again, but to no avail, he couldn't release himself from Oscar's arms.

"Lando, if you don't stop fidgeting right now, I will launch you out of the window." Oscar's low and raspy voice grumbled, a wave of heat washing over Lando as his voice broke through the silence.

He watched as Oscar's eyes slowly opened and immediately found his own, a shy smile taking over Lando's face as he felt the sudden urge to hide under the covers. He felt vulnerable and exposed as Oscar was staring at him, the annoyed expression leaving his face as adoration quickly started to take over. Oscar tipped his head back a little, exposing the two moles on the front of his neck.

Lando's throat tightened, running his tongue over his lips nervously as the memory of him kissing, licking and sucking at his neck came barrelling down on him. He could see the hickies scattered across his neck near his jawline, showcasing their shared moment of intimacy like a painted canvas. Embarrassment washed over him, a reminder of the possessive instincts that overtook him in the heat of the moment.