Chapter 6

A white shirt was thrown across the room, crumbled up and smacking against the wall with the sound of heavy footsteps pounding against the wooden floor of the flat. "I look stupid. That's it, I'm not going!"

"Lando, you're going, stop being dramatic!"

"No! This whole outfit just doesn't go, do you really want me showing up looking like an idiot?"

"I mean... looking like one will make no difference to what our friends already think of you." Oscar's teasing voice came, his body on the sofa shifting from the direction of the fallen shirt and instead faced the boy stomping around the place.

Lando made an angry noise to himself as he trudged back into his bedroom, throwing the wardrobe doors open as he frantically searched for another outfit to wear. His hands pushed through the array of shirts, huffing in frustration when he saw nothing that satisfied him.

It was the 22nd December, the long-awaited night of the annual Christmas party had finally arrived and the weather outside was brutal enough now to finally match the season. Small glistening snowflakes fell from the twilight sky, melting as they hit the already wet floor outside. The sound of the traffic and bustling city life could be briefly heard, the music inside the flat doing its job to barely drown it out.

Lando had been counting down the days for the party, especially since the incident at Winter Wonderland with the madman called Doctor Octopus taking him captive and then proceeding to throw him off the top floor of the Oscorp Tower. And before that, he had nearly got caught up in being caught by Doctor Octopus' goonies. And he had been meeting with Spiderman on multiple occasions.

His life had been hectic, to say the least.

He needed a bit of normalcy in his life right now after his near death experience(s), and this party? This was exactly what he needed, it needed to be perfect. Which is why Lando felt like he was going insane looking for the best outfit while Oscar had his outfit all ready.

The British boy had been so preoccupied with his life that he failed to notice that even though he had found Oscar the perfect outfit, he hadn't to sort his own one.

"Come on, you've got plenty of clothes! I'll help you find something to wear." Oscar called out and followed the elder into his room, the discarded white shirt in his hand. His eyes landed on a wild-looking Lando who peeked out from behind the wardrobe doors. The younger boy's eyes drifted to his shirtless body, his tongue poking out as it wet his lips, he quickly shifted his gaze back to Lando. "Whatever you wear, you'll be the best dressed there."

"You'll just make me wear a hoodie or something!" Lando whined, turning back to his wardrobe and in a comical fashion, began to launch the clothes out of his wardrobe in a flurry.

Oscar leant against the door frame with his arms folded over his chest, his eyebrow raising as he watched Lando attack his wardrobe. "Have some more faith in me, will you? You wore this shirt when we went clubbing like last year and you haven't touched it since, I've got a vision. Let me look."

He pushed himself off the door frame and approached the wardrobe, an exasperated Lando very easily giving in, walking away and throwing himself on the bed. Oscar glanced over at him before averting his eyes to the heap of clothing in front of him.

While Oscar ravaged through the wardrobe, Lando took his phone out of his jogger pockets and opened their shared group chat with his friends.

Group Therapy from Lando

Lando Norris

guys

i hate to say it, but i won't be coming to the Christmas party