Has Been Alpha

Liam doesn’t know what Scott’s older friend is doing lurking around the school boys’ changing room, but he sure as shit knows if this asshole so much as even breathes wrong on his lacrosse stick—

“This yours?” Derek tries not to look as though he’s enjoying himself as much as he is when he picks up the lacrosse stick and snaps it in half. Though, maybe doing it right in front of the kid’s face while smirking probably wasn’t the best idea. But it works like a charm, Scott’s right.

Liam glances to his stick, glances to the asshole, and then, lets out an angry snarl before launching himself forward. Scott hasn’t had the chance to teach him much yet, but with his anger rising so quickly, Liam knows it helps him to shift so easily in that moment. Though, unfortunately, anger doesn’t pay off this time. In fact, it gets shut down pretty fucking easily, it would be embarrassing if the guy wasn’t three times his size (and probably his age, too.)

Derek easily grabs the pup by the throat. He keeps his grip firm but not choking. And when the pup tries to swipe claws at his face, Derek puffs out a chuckle at the pup’s raw spirit. Derek lifts the pup up, shoving him firmly against the lockers and holding him there.

Liam ignores the humiliation of having his ass dangled like a frigging pair of pants hung out to dry. He swipes and snarls at the asshole, who merely smirks back up at him, clearly finding this all very hilarious. The next angry snarl of retaliation then cuts out halfway when Liam suddenly hears her voice calling to him...

“Liam...”

His Alpha’s voice...

Scott’s voice...

Making him feel as calm as she sounds–and then, looks as he turns his head and sees her giving him that warm and caring smile of hers again.

Scott keeps the loud sigh of relief inside of her, not willing to break the spell of her looking like she knows exactly what she’s doing. She still has no clue.

But now, Derek is here with her. Someone who knows what he’s talking about, and someone she knows she can trust.

(Which is why she rules out Deucalion, for now.)

Plus, Derek even seems to want to teach her. And if that look on his face right now is anything to go by, she thinks she may have already impressed her teacher.

Liam scowls at the asshole when he realises he’s been set up here. He should be mad at Scott, but instead, all he can think about is how to get this guy away from his Alpha. He doesn’t even know why he doesn’t like the asshole looking at her like that. Maybe it really is this werewolf thing, or a pack thing, because he isn’t even sexually attracted to her. (Thank God, because what a mess that would have made.)

Derek smirks at Scott and says, “You’re right, he is angry.”

Liam’s head drops slightly, eyes half wide with guilt and hurt as he stares over at Scott. Though, his shoulders then sag with relief when Scott smiles at him while she tells Derek, “Yeah, but it’s not all he is. You’ll see.”

Derek finally lets the angry pup drop back onto his feet. And before the pup can snarl or glare at him, Derek grins at him and gives him a heavy pat on the back–fighting a smirk when the pup coughs a little and glares at him anyway.

“Liam.” Scott reaches into the spare open locker just behind her, pulling out his lacrosse stick and holding it out to him as she says, “This one’s yours.”

Liam continues to underestimate this girl. (Or maybe it’s that everyone else in his life so far have been...well, assholes.)

Liam huffs quietly, but takes his lacrosse stick from her and mutters out, “Thanks.”