00

꧁༺ռǟʀɨ ʏʍɨʀ༻꧂

I've been on the run for 15 minutes straight and yet I finally see the village ahead.

Usually when looking for goods or passing through the village I try to steer away from the natives as they tend to think they're better than everyone else because mother Miranda along with the four lords reside there.

Speaking of which, I don't even think I know of the four lords let alone seen them; I mean I've heard their names, Donna Beneviento, Karl Heisenberg, Lady Dimitrescu and Moreau Salvatore yet I never really knew what Lady Dimitrescu's first name was but I'll keep that to myself.

I  wouldn't even be worried about speaking to any villagers had I not had to run away from home. My home life isn't really terrible in all honesty.

I'm not abused or neglected but I do lack control over my own self. Everything I have or want to do has to be approved by my parents especially my father.

He believes in males are the head of household and the females are to obey the males, meaning yes he expects my mother to obey our brother?! Like what the actual hell?

We are supposed to cook, clean and do every little thing for them and he love's to bring up how men made everything and I agree, I'm sure they want their heels back too which he was not happy about.

But of course luckily all guys aren't like that and I'm really grateful some dudes are really kind and generous while also being firm. And to be honest it isn't just the male race, some women do the same thing it's just how life works but enough about that.

Looking ahead after finishing my rant I realized how much I haven't been paying attention and I've made It to the village. But to my dismay everyone and everything looks low-key terrible.

Ironic?

The villagers look like they're waiting to be pounced on at any given moment while some are on their knees begging to who I assume is Mother Miranda, but everything just looks torn. Houses look like they're on the brink of death yet some are already caved in. Did a quake hit and I not notice?

Picking up my pace and clutching my small bag which contains only two pairs of clothing I walk over to a boy who seems around 19? to see if I can get details on everything going about.

"Excuse me sir, sorry to bother you but may I get a bit of insight on what has happened." I tried not let my voice quiver from the lack of food and liquids I haven't received in almost two days.

" You aren't from the village are you? Never mind that; Mother Miranda happened.  She suddenly turned on everyone and chaos has been happening ever since."

Looking around as he finishes his sentence my eyes land on the mountain of Bodies burning bit by bit surrounded by weeping elders and children.

He must've seen my confusion since he started to speak up again.

"Karl Heisenberg.....his lycans have been lurking through here like a herd of sheep and those are just a few of his victims. He never could keep those expiremented bastards away but Mother Miranda has always held them at bay."

'Now I feel a bit creeped out and by the looks of it so is everyone else here.'

I shift my covered yet freezing legs to the other side feeling a bit overwhelmed from everything that has happened so far. I just want to sleep for only an hour, is that too much to ask?

The man looked away before asking what I was doing here.

I could understand why though since it was uncommon for outsiders to just wander about unless it was to get something from the Duke.

I tell him I planned on seeking a job more precisely at Castle Dimitrescu.

I've heard she has maids and a friend told me she'd assume she might be up to have more and I took upon the offer since I could do with the cash to get back on my feet and maybe plan to move to the U.S or somewhere in the Caribbean away from this mess.

That answer seemed to have him on his feet in seconds looking like he'll suffer a heart attack in just moments.

"Listen carefully, you aren't from here so you don't know what happens inside this village day and night. You're already a target; ever since you walked in here you became one. Mother Miranda takes care of us because she experiments on us but she says we're sacrifices and no harm will come upon us but It does. No one ever survives, you working at that crazy Vampire's castle will up your chances on being next. And if not, then the Lady herself will become a nightmare for you. No one who enters that castle ever leaves, at least not alive" the man spoke out.

I watched him continue his rant looking as if he went crazy.

I quietly step away and run back on my way.

Maybe he's just sick, I mean vampires, experiments?! is just absurd. It was just a quake that's all.

I continue my path towards the Duke who I reach in no time thankfully, I'm so close to passing out.

"So we meet again outsider, what may I assist in for you this time Little Nari." The Duke asked in a enthusiastic tone leaning back.

I ignore the unnecessary words he adds in and ask him for the directions to castle Dimitrescu but that seemed to intrigue him even more.

"Well that Little Nari is just up that path right there but I do warn that you may want to really consider your choices until it's too late. Here take this for safety."

Rolling my eyes I grab the item before thanking the Duke and continue my journey to the castle which seems like it's gonna be a long walk.

Humming to myself I walk the snow clear pavement barely conscious and unable to comprehend anything. I barely notice I reached the large double doors or that they had opened due to my sudden blackout.