03

Nari's P.O.V

"Never thought I'd picture myself babysitting a mere human in the foresee future yet here I am"

Turning around I glared at the Blond who I now know as Bela who huffed and complained. I should be the one upset not her! We had just made it back to her mother's chambers and she had been eyeing me head to toe since; it seems more out of curiosity though.

"I'm not a child and I don't need a babysitter." I tell her crossing my arms still letting the glare sit on my face.

She had let out a small laugh as if she thought I was joking.

"Yea well, that's what all children say don't they. Plus you're quite tiny as well." She smirked out towards me.

Scoffing it seems to leave her mind that they don't look exactly the average height.

"Yea well you guys aren't what you'd call average either, plus I'm not even that short!" I mock.

Unfortunately for me she doesn't let it go and walks straight over to me yet I couldn't find myself to move and before I know it she's standing right in front of me allowing me to really see the difference. I mean it wasn't insane but obviously you can tell she's taller.

"Whatever, but doesn't change the fact that even our maids are taller than you; What are you 5'6?"

I wanted to scoff and tell her off but I knew it'd be futile since she was right....I was 5'6 and a half buttt that's no where near short, anyone can tell you that.

"That's not really where I want our conversation to go though" Bela seemed to think loudly while tapping her chin as if she was lost in thought.

I watched her intensely now noticing the smeared blood that decorated her lips and chin. 'Yuck'.

She seemed to be uninterested and went to lay on her mother's bed closing her eyes before asking her final question.

"I want to know what you did to have our mother wrapped around ur tiny little fingers" the air seemed to thicken and an eerie silence bounced off the wall.

' In my defence, I only came here for a job. If anything I should be asking her why I'm being treated in such a way.'

"Aren't I supposed to be asking you that" I rushed out.

She seemed to think the question over and didn't reply after that. Her eyes still remained close leaving me standing in an awkward silence.

Guess I was correct then since no one seemed to want to carry on a sentence after, so I examined the room a bit.

Her bed sat in the corner of the room next to a night stand and carpet underneath them both.

I slowly crept up to the blond woman slightly poking her arm only to not get a response.

Grinning I continue observing the massive room.

In the middle sat a rocking chair facing a fireplace with pictures decorating the top. One photo stood out to me the most.

It was the countess, but she held something no someone. She even looked more human?.

Glancing back at Bela I make sure she's still sleeping when I push the chair forward a bit careful to not get too close to the fire and I begin to climb the chair; it was a hard task and I was bit wobbly seeing as it was a rocking chair and a huge one at that.

I slowly lean forward and grab the photo examining it better. There was a huge grin gracing the countess lips as she held a infant?

It was really small so maybe a newborn. They had a T-shirt and a blue tutu on with a bow and mittens matching.

'Is this her child.....is it one of the triplets?'

Deciding I was done snooping about I move forward to put the photo back when I lose my footing causing me to squeal loudly.

I wait for the impact to come but it never did.

Did I rebalance myself?

Is Bela still sleeping, I don't wanna get caught. Then she'll snitch and her mom will eat me.....oh no.

I realize I haven't gotten lucky but someone has grabbed me pulling me close with my head resting on their shoulder.

Opening my eyes I see Bela still sleeping soundly so it can't be her?

'Oh no.....'

"Oh no indeed little one" the countess voiced out.

I attempt to lift my head but she gently pushes it back down rubbing my back.

"I know exactly who to not let watch you in the near future darling, let's go wake up your- Bela"

Its not like I have much of a choice anyway since she's the one carrying me.

Clearing her throat she calls out to her oldest who nearly jumped up searching around the room in panic... She probably pissed herself seeing the way she woke up so abruptly and freightned.

She finally looked up seeing her mother and seemed to regret her whole existence. Smiling she showed her pearly whites only to receive a scoff followed by an eye roll.

That caused her to sulk giving out a sorry attempt of an excuse hoping to lessen the punishment.

"Mother I can explain" Bela stood up quickly picking the sides of her black gown.

The countess  took a seat in the chair rocking us back and forth after she pulled the chair back to its original spot.

"Please do, tell me how you were deeply asleep while Nari was standing on a rocking chair right in front of the fireplace." She continued rocking us occasionally patting my back whispering soft coos.

Groaning I try sitting up to tell her off and how rude it is  to be treated in such a way but it all seemed to be futile when I'm stuck in the same position.

"Shhh little one, It's way past  your nap time and we are not wasting anymore time on the matter. You're safe I promise."

I give in not because she was right and is making me take one but I realize how tired I am and decided I'll need rest if I wanna have more energy later on.

Closing my eyes I draw out the conversation of the duo and let the rhythmic pats and rubs take full control of me. I occasionally receive a small "shh, you're okay" from the countess after scolding her oldest in the process.

Letting out one last yawn I feel a soft blanket cover my frame before sleep invades me.