Chapter Twenty Two

Megan awoke with Normani slowly stroking her hair. It was dark outside with a faint grey at the window hinting at dawn. The sheets were twisted around her waist, and she still lay half upon Normani's body. She didn't think she'd ever be able to remove herself from the woman's skin again.

"Are you cold?" she murmured, pulling the covers with her as she stretched, slipping an arm behind Normani's shoulders as she moved.

"No," Normani whispered as she turned into Megan, resting her head on her shoulder. There was a moment of silence as they tentatively pressed closer, each acutely aware of the other's uncertainty.

"I can't remember the last time someone made love to me..." Normani finally said, her fingers tracing invisible lines all over Megan's skin.

Megan could remember precisely the last time she had made love to another woman. It had been casually, as if it were only one time in many, with many more to come. She hadn't known that early morning two years ago that it would be the last time she would touch Victoria alive.

"It's been a very long time for me too," was all Megan could say. She felt no need to explain or relive the past. It had taken until now, and had taken this particular woman, to awaken a desire that had lain buried in pain and guilt for months.

If Normani wondered about Megan's past, she did not ask. What they needed to know of each other had begun with that first morning Megan appeared at Normani's apartment, commanding and certain and unyielding.

The memory rekindled Normani's desire, and she lowered her head to softly kiss the tender skin just below Megan's right nipple. Then, parting her lips, she nipped gently, eliciting a soft groan from the woman above her. She waited a heartbeat, then took Megan's nipple into her mouth fully, worrying it with her tongue and teeth. She continued until Megan pressed upward, her hips arching slightly off the bed. Normani moved lower, kissing and lightly biting along Megan's ribs, down the flat plane of her belly, until she circled Megan's navel with her tongue. Megan's hands were in her hair, urging her downward, but Normani resisted, taking her time, wanting to be sure that she had Megan's full attention. Lightly she trailed her fingers up the inside of her legs, stopping just short of the heat that radiated from her.

"God," Megan gasped, "Are you gonna make me beg for it?"

Normani nestled her breasts between Megan's legs. She could feel the slick warmth against her own nipples. "That was the general idea."

Megan rotated her hips, attempting to draw the teasing firmness of Normani's nipples across the tip of her clit. She groaned, a deep choking sound. "Just touch me a little, just a little–"

Normani brought her right hand downward, pressing her thumb against the ring of muscle encircling Megan's ass. She did not enter but stroked over the slick tissues.

Megan pressed her head back against the pillows, gritting her teeth, wanting the pleasure to continue, not knowing if she could bear it. "You're killing me, Normani, I swear to God–"

Normani smiled, flicking her tongue over the base of her clit. "Oh, I doubt you'll go that easily, Commander," she whispered throatily. She was rewarded with a faint sob.

Taking her time, Normani traced the very edges of the swollen tissues with her tongue, sliding inside at the same time. Megan's muscles contracted violently around Normani's fingers, her clit lengthening and becoming harder still.

"Inside baby, please, inside..." Megan pleaded desperately.

As much as she wanted to savor every instant of Megan's desire, Normani was starting to lose control herself. She had wanted this for so long, and the reality was so much more than she had imagined, her head was pounding, and her thighs clenched and unclenched involuntarily. When she took Megan between her lips, she could feel an answering surge in her own clit. She never came without direct stimulation, but she realized that she was very nearly there just from touching the commander. She squeezed her eyes tightly and tried to focus on Megan's rhythm as the woman grinded her hips against her tongue.

Suddenly, Megan twisted on the bed, shifting so that she could lay beside Normani, her face close to her belly. Seamlessly, they moved to echo each other's caresses, lips and hands calling and answering as instinctively as their two hearts beat in synchrony. Megan was already too close and started to come almost as soon as Normani began licking her in long steady strokes. Megan moaned, her lips encircling Normani's clit, sucking as her breath caught in her throat. Her fingers clasped Normani's buttocks, pulling Normani even harder against her face, trying to maintain contact as her body bucked and surged with the explosion between her legs. Distantly, she heard Normani whimper and knew that she had been caught on the crest of their twin passions.

When they awoke again, it was late morning.

"I'm surprised Mac hasn't found you yet," Megan remarked lazily.

"He's not as good as you are," Normani said quietly.

"You should probably call them."

"Why? Stark knew I left with you," Normani observed.

"I know. But they may not know that you're still with me, and there's no need to cause a panic."

Normani thought about it for a minute, then, after slipping on a silk robe, padded into the other room and made the call. While she was there, she called room service as well and ordered a late breakfast for them both. She stood in the doorway of the bedroom, observing Megan propped up on the pillows, a sheet drawn up to her waist, her beautiful breasts on full display. She caught her breath, amazed at how much she wanted her still.

"How long are you here for?" Normani asked, trying to appear nonchalant.

"Officially? Another four days. I have a new assignment and I'm supposed to report back to Washington for it."

Normani tried to hide her disappointment. What did you expect?

Megan watched her carefully, finding her expression impossible to read. "Unofficially, I'm supposed to be here observing you."

Normani laughed, but there was an edge to her tone when she said, "Well, your methods are certainly unorthodox."

"I told them I wouldn't do it," Megan clarified.

Normani said on the edge of the bed, her hand resting possessively on Megan's thigh. "Why not?"

Megan lifted Normani's hand to her lips and kissed each fingertip. "Because Mac is a good man, and I know he can do the job." She turned Normani's hand over and pressed her lips to Normani's palm. "And because I respect you, and I know how little privacy you have left."

"But you came to the bar last night," Normani observed quietly, fighting the blush threatening to take over her cheeks.

Megan nodded, reaching for Normani and pulling her into her arms. "That wasn't business, beautiful. That was personal."

Normani closed her eyes, fearful of how much she wanted to hear these words. "How personal?"

Megan's embrace tightened, and she rested her cheek against the top of Normani's head. Her voice was husky as she answered quietly, "As personal as it gets."

...

Hi readers ☺️,

Not much went on in this one, but after the long wait, some extra fluff was needed 😅 I'm excited to hear all your thoughts before I meet y'all at the last chapter!

Thoughts on Megan and Normani being vulnerable with each other? Talking about the last time they made love to a woman?

Thoughts on the rest of their evening activities? 🤭 Their conversation that followed the next morning? How relieved are y'all that Megan and Normani have finally sealed the deal? Is it too good to be true? 👀

Well, that's it for now! As always, thank you so much to all my generous readers who have been favoriting and leaving feedback. One more chapter! See y'all again soon for the next update 🤍