Episode 2: The Great Chase for Blackbeard Begins! Why Didn't You Pay Ace!?

[Third Person p.o.v.]

Pan sat on the back of the part of striker while Ace was driving, feeling the cool breeze blow through her hair while they glided seamlessly over the choppy waves of the Grand Line. The bright sun shone down on them, casting a golden glow over the ocean waters. Ace's expression was one of fierce determination. Pan knew how important Thatch had been to Ace, and she could feel the anger and sadness that still burned in her friend's heart. Pan looked out over the vast expanse of ocean, remembering what happened that day of Ace sneaking away from the others.

[Flashback]

"Please Ace come on, just calm down!"

"Pops said he's gonna make an exception with this one! He doesn't want you going after Teach!"

"LET ME GO! I'm his commander aren't I!? If I don't bring Teach to Justice how could Thatch's SPIRIT EVER REST!?"

"Ace"

Ace stopped struggling and the others let him go. Ace had looked at Whitebeard after the others let him go.

"I understand how you feel, but let it go....I've got a bad feeling about this one"

"The man KILLED his own CREWMATE and RAN AWAY! YOU treated him like your son for DECADES NOW! Then he turns and he SPITS IN YOUR FACE!?" Whitebeard stared at Ace after his little rant.

"He disgraced my father's good name...I can't allow that...I'll take care of this on my own!"

Whitebeard stared as Ace went back to his room to get his stuff together. I had watched as he walked past me with anger and sadness. I felt bad for Ace. He deserved better than this. So glad I will ruin the timeline and keep him alive. I had looked at my hands and sighed.

"Such a stubborn fire child" I said while smiling and walking back to his room.

Ace packed his things in his watermelon bookbag and zipped it up tightly. Pan walked into the room, watching as he finished getting ready. Pan walked in while Ace was mumbling about something. His hands were bawled up pretty tight while holding his bag open.

"I'm coming with you too Ace"

"No Pan, You're staying here. I can handle this by myself"

"I know. But I'm coming with. You aren't going to change my mind Ace"

"Pan no! I said you're staying now drop it!" Ace said while he stopped packing some of his things.

"Ace if you go you will get hurt. I want to help" Pan said while taking a step forward. She was determined to go with him, even if she gets hurt along the way.

"Why then? Give me one GOOD reason why I should let you go" Ace said turning around at Pan.

Pan had put her hands on her hips and frowned.

"Because, Ace, Blackbeard isn't just some loser pirate with no devil fruit. I know for a fact that he took that devil fruit and killed Thatch for that devil fruit alone just so he could eat it. You noticed the devil fruit is gone too so I'm coming with just incase things get out of hand!"
Pan said while Ace had rolled his eyes and went back to packing some of his things.

"SO I'm GOING!" Pan said loudly.

"I said NO DAMNIT!"

"WHY NOT? SO YOU CAN GO AND KILL YOURSELF OVER A PERSON!?"

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANYMORE FAMILY!!" Ace yelled out while tears welled up.

Pan had looked at him surprised and stunned. She had put her hands to her side and watched Ace wipe his eyes away.