Seasonal Depression ~ Jungwon🥀🌸

*This is a college AU :)*

⚠️TW: Blood, gruesome descriptions, mentions of death and suicide⚠️

Jay sighed as he looked at his best friend, the lecture room was full of other students, and the class was soon to start. Sunghoon turned his gaze to the older. "He still isn't here..." Jay said with saddened eyes. "Yeah, we should try to see him again after class," Sunghoon said, trying to give hope to the older. "If he'll let us in," Jay said turning to the professor, who had just entered. Jay struggled to focus on the lesson of music theory, his friend was all he could focus on. 

Once the professor dismissed his class, Sunghoon and Jay were quick to leave, however, they were interrupted by the professor before they left. "Jay! Sunghoon! May I ask you two something before you leave?" He said, typing on his computer. The two boys begrudgingly turned around to look at him. "You two are close to Jungwon correct?" He asked as the two boys nodded. "He hasn't attended my class, or any of his in weeks, he still turns in work. However, I haven't seen him and I'm beginning to get concerned," he said looking at the two. They quickly explained where they were going and told him they would talk to him about it, however, they did not have many plans to bring up classes or classwork. 

They rushed to Jungwon's dorm and knocked on the door, after what felt like too many knocks, the quiet noise of the door being unlocked was heard and the boys happily opened the door, to be met by a small, fragile figure, with a saddened expression on his face. "Hey Jungwon!" Jay said happily extending his arms for a hug, which Jungwon accepted quietly. They talked and spent time trying to get Jungwon to brighten up, this happens every winter 

"Jungwon? Have you eaten any today?" Jay asked looking through his bag. Jungwon sat silent for a moment, before shaking his head. Jay sighed and looked at the closed curtains. "You know it's not good for you to do stuff like this," Jay stated before grabbing three cups of ramen out of his bag and walking to the curtains. The day was fairly gloomy, with no sun, just dark grey clouds. He sighed and slowly peeled back the curtain, letting much more light into the room than before. Jay grabbed Jungwon's hand and took him to the microwave with him in an attempt to get him to move some. "Jay Hyung, I'm fine, you don't have to keep checking up on me," Jungwon said, guilt intruding his brain. "Too bad, and no, you're not fine," Jay said warming the food. 

"Why don't we do something? Like, play some games?" Jay asked as he looked at the younger. The small boy had dark eyebags, his eyes were bloodshot, and he was thinner than the last time they met. "I don't know, I feel like doing nothing at this point, I know I need to get over it but it feels harder to every year," Jungwon said staring at the large window. "I understand, but you still need to get up and do stuff, it's not healthy," Jay said as he finished making the three ramen cups. "While the food cools, you need to go take care of yourself some, you look exhausted," Jay said looking the younger in the eyes. "Jay, I probably look like a mess, but I'm fine," Jungwon said, avoiding eye contact. "Nope, too bad, come on," Jay said dragging the younger to the bathroom. Jungwon half-heartedly tried to break free, giving up quickly. 

Jay looked through the medicine cabinet, eventually finding some eye drops. After doing a few of the simple things, like eye drops, brushing hair and teeth, and washing his face. Jay was happy to see Jungwon feeling a little better after he had made him take care of himself. The two quickly returned to the kitchen to see Sunghoon grabbing chopsticks for all of them. The three sat at the counter eating their food together. "Are you guys coming back by tomorrow?" Jungwon asked, eyes drifting to an old picture on the wall. "Yeah, that's the plan," Jay said looking at Sunghoon. Jungwon nodded and walked over to the stove, "Do either of you two want some tea?" he asked putting water in the pot. 

After a few minutes, the trio had finished their food and were now enjoying their tea. "So Jungwon, do you know what today is?" Sunghoon asked looking at the younger. Jungwon paused for a minute, thinking, Jungwon sadly replied "No." "It's a week from Christmas!" Sunghoon said trying to get the younger excited. "Oh, that's nice," Jungwon replied before sipping his tea quietly. About an hour later, the duo had to leave again, due to classes and other things. "Are you sure you don't want to go to this class with us?" Jay said still trying to convince the younger to go with them. "I'm good, I can just do the work online," he said blinking tiredly. The two finally accepted defeat and left the younger in his dorm.