Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N:

As I finished the last chapter, I became painfully aware that it was mostly filler. Because of that, I decided to give you guys a double update to cover more of what happened in the show. Hope you enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

Raven's POV

There were hundreds of Northmen camped outside the castle's walls when we arrived in Winterfell.  Flown atop every tent were flags from nearly every northern house

"Go," Lady Maege instructed me as she dismounted her horse, "find your brother. I will settle the men and come find the two of you."

"Aye, my Lady." I did as told, kicking at the side of my horse with a clicking sound to ride through the gates. "Greyjoy." I acknowledged my father's ward, hopping off my horse and handing the reigns to a waiting stable boy

"Raven," the older boy nodded, "Come to fight?"

"No, I figured I'd come and bake cookies for all the men." I jested, "Aye, I've come to fight. Where's Robb?"

"Great Hall with Maester Ludwin." I nodded and made my way there. Theon fell in step beside me, "Are you ready to see a proper battlefield?"

"Don't look so excited.' I admonished, "This is war, Theon, it is not a game."

"Always a killjoy, huh Snow?" he snickered

"Only when it's your joy I am killing." I grinned

We walked into the Great Hall to find Robb and Maester Ludwin staring at a map that spanned the whole of the long table. My brother's eyes found mine, "Raven," he let out a relieved sigh, "Thank the gods."

I walked into his waiting arms, "We rode out as soon as we could. Lady Maege is settling the troops right now." I stepped out of the embrace, "What do we know? Have we heard anything about Sansa and Arya?"

"There's been a raven." he handed me a piece of parchment

I read over the words carefully: "Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good King Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father had been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert's brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King's Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey, and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark."

I couldn't believe what I was reading, "Sansa wrote this?" I set the parchment down on the table before I could crumple it up

Ludwin nodded solemnly, "It is your sister's hand, but the queen's words."

"And no word on or from Arya?" I asked 

Robb shook his head, setting a hand on my shoulder, "No, but we will get them back. All of them." he said with enough conviction to almost make me believe him, "Have you heard from Jon?"

I nodded, "He has already taken his vows. The problems of the realm are no longer his." I reminded him, "I know you want him by your side, but you will have to settle for me." I grinned

He let out a light laugh, "Tis not settling, my dear sister. You are just as capable as any man out there."

"We will see how they feel about that." I sighed

"Tonight I will gather the Lords-" I cleared my throat, "-and Ladies" he shot me a grin, "for a feast to discuss our plan of action."

"Until then," I spoke up, "where are Bran and Rickon?"