Chapter Seven

Author's Note

Hey, guys! 

First off, GAME OF THRONES COMES BACK IN TWO DAYS! I am honestly too excited for the next season.

Second, this chapter comes from my new found love for needle pointing, and the fact that I decided to do a needle point of the House Stark sigil. At this point, I don't know exactly what this chapter is going to be, but let's hope it's not complete shit.

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

No One's POV

Raven had often  seen other adies in Winterfell doing needle work. It looked calming, and fun, but due to the ban on her lady lessons there is no possiblity of her learning.

She watched on as Septa Mordane was teaching a class to the  young ladies of the castle. Today's lesson was, of course, needle work. She was so mesmerized by the lesson, she hadn't noticed her brothers and Theon walk behind her.

________________________________________________________________________________

Raven's POV

"Aw, is the little bastard yearning to be a lady?" Theon teased

"Stuff it, Greyjoy," I say pushing past him

"That's not very ladylike." He continues to tease

"I don't want to be a stupid lady!" I almost yell

He chuckles and walks in the opposite direction. I look at my two brothers, each of them obviously trying to contain their own laughter. I huff and walk right past them.

"Raven! Wait!" I hear Jon yell behind me. I start running away from him. I decide to run to the last place they would think to look for me, the Godswood. I sit there, all alone, crying silently.

________________________________________________________________________________

 Jon's POV

Robb and I looked everywhere for Raven, she wasn't anywhere she would usually hide. "Robb, I think we should tell father."

"No, we can find her on our own." He argues

"Come on, Robb! We've looked everywhere, it's been hours and we still haven't found her. We need to tell father."

"But Jon, we were supposed to look out for her. If we tell father he'll just be disappointed in us." Robb said looking worried.

"Robb, he could never be disappointed in you, you're his heir. But Raven is his daughter, and he needs to know she's missing." I try to hide the jealousy in my voice.

"Fine." He groans

The two of us walk to father's solar in silence.Robb knocks on the door "Come in." we hear from the other side of the door.  We walk into the dimly lit room. "Boys. What do you need?"

"It's Raven, father." Robb states

"Is she okay?" Father asks, rising from his seat. 

"We don't know, father. She's missing." Robb informs him

"What do you mean missing?" His voice rising a little.

I see Robb wince at the action. I step in "Theon started picking on her, and she ran away. We looked everywhere for her, father. I swear we did."

His face softens, "I believe you, boys. I think I know where she might be."

________________________________________________________________________________

Ned's POV

I send the boys off to their studies, and Jory to deal with Theon. I throw on my cloak,and start heading to where I think my young daughter is. The boys said they checked everywhere, but I doubt they went as far as the Godswood. They never would have thought she would have gone that far.

I walk up to the small bundle of furs sitting next to the tree. I sit down next to her, "Hey, love."

She turns around, quickly wiping her cheeks. "Father," Her voice cracks

I pull her into my arms, "Why don't you tell me what's wrong." I sooth

I release her from the hug, she looks up with big eyes. "Theon is a jerk."

I chuckle "So I've heard. What exactly happened?"

"I was watching Septa Mordane's lesson and Theon started making fun of me. He said I wanted to become a lady. I don't, father. I never wanted anything less."

"Then why were you watching the lesson?"

She looks to the ground "They were doing needle work." she almost mumbles

"You want to learn needle work?" She nods "Then why don't we find a way for you to do that?"

"How, father? Lady Stark forbade me from the lessons."

"I think I know just the person to teach you, without the need for the lessons." He did too,  Raven's handmaiden, Jacline. She would probably be more than willing to teach her.

"Oh, thank you, father!" She hugs him tight

"Now let us go back to the castle. Your brothers are worried sick about you."

The two of us walk back to the castle, we walk through the gates to find Robb and Jon waiting with Jory just a few feet from the gate.

 "Raven!" The two boys yelled, they ran up to her and crushed her in a hug.

"Boys, I think your sister still needs to breathe." Jory chuckles. The boys let go of their sister and walk away from us older men talking about the Gods only know what. I smile to myself.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

If you haven't noticed, I'm kinda writing Raven to be Ned's little girl, like his favorite of sorts. In my mind, it's because she reminds him so much of Lyanna.

I think Theon's words would hurt her because she was told all her life, by Catelyn, that she wouldn't be anything more than a bastard. Seven years of that torment can mess a kid up, and in that moment Raven starts to realize what she'll miss because she's a baseborn child.

^These are just my thoughts on a spur of the moment chapter.