𝟐. 𝐈𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀 𝐇𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐰

I drive through the city of LA, awating to finally see Gracie again.

I begin to get a call from my friend, Leo. I answer the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey, Leo." I say.

"Hey Aubrey, are you free right now? I found this really cool coffee shop and I know your like addicted to coffee so I wanted to know if you would go with me?" 

I groan in dissapointment.

"I'm going to Graci- I mean I'm going to go have lunch with my mom." I lie.

"Aubrey oh my fucking god." Leo sighs.

"What?" I question.

"I heard that first part your not sneaky. You're going to Gracies house, arent you?" I can feel his dissapointment through the phone.

"So? Shes like the most perfect human being. I miss the way she kisses and the way she made me laugh!" I say.

"Okay, I can't get too mad at your poor life choices because you've been my best friend since the second grade." He laughed.

"Tell that to my brother, hes pissed for some reason, like its my life? I don't know why hes getting so defensive." 

"Hes just trying to keep you happy, he knows how upset you where the last time you found out Gracie was cheating, he really cares for you, Aubs."

"Oh shut up! You're only saying this because you've had like the biggest crush on him for like ever. And I hate it when you call me Aubs!"

"Whatever, Aubs!"

I pull up in front of Gracies house. "Oh shut up, okay I have to go. I'm pulling up to Gracies house. I love you, Leo, I guess!" I say, making a sarcastic kissy noise. 

"Love you too, Aubrey. Don't do anything your gonna regret later!!" He laughs. I then hang up and get out of my car. I walk up to Gracies front door annd then just stand there, taking in what may come once I knock, once I enter the house, once I welcome her back in to my life.

Before I was about to knock, Gracie opened the door. She's wearing a white tank top with black baggy jeans. She looks me up and down while biting her lip. "You actually came, hm?" she leans against her door frame.

I take in the smell of her perfume. "Couldn't miss it...!" I put my hands behind my back.

She tilts her head. "Weren't you the one who texted me first? Why do you seem that you regret this?" 

"I just.." I pause as I look away from her. "I haven't seen you in a while..." I look back at her.

She smiles. "It's rude to keep a guest waiting, how about you come on in?" She begins to walk in to her house, I follow shortly behind.

"It looks the exact same." I look at her and smile.

"What much can change in two years, hm?" She looks at me.

I pause. "...The way I feel about you." I cough and look away from her.

"Oh?" She laughs. "You're just as cute as I remembered..." She begins to get closer to me, grabbing my waist.

I look deeply into her beautiful brown eyes. The room is filled with a silence, but a comforting silence. One that I could just stay in forever. 

Until it was broken. "Want something to drink?" She removes her hands from my waist. "If I could remember, you love the fruit punch flavor of those like AriZona drinks?"

My eyes go wide. "You remembered?"

She begins to blush. "I always have some in my fridge incase...you came back. And you did." She heads to her kitchen, I hear the fridge open.

"Thats...good?" I respond. I take a seat on her couch as she walks into the room, handing me the drink. 

"Do you remember what my favorite drink was?" She asks. I roll my eyes, was she trying to make me feel guilty? She's the one who cheated and now she's making me feel guilty for not knowing her favorite drink. 

After I didn't respond for a minute, she finally spoke. "It's okay, I didn't expect you to know. You just always use to talk about how good it was so its easier to remember." She then sits down next to me on the couch, like way too close. 

I open my drink and take a sip. "Fuck, you know me so well, don't you?" I look at her.

She stares at my lips for a long while. "Can you let me back in?"

"Let you back in to what?" I laugh, god, will she really think Im this stupid?

"Your heart." 

I lean in like im going to kiss her, but I stop right before I do. "Will I be the only one this time?" 

She nods, I then close the gap in between our lips. We share a long kiss before I pull away. She stares longingly in to my eyes before picking me up and bringing me into her room.

About an hour after... it... happened. We layed in her bed. She played with my hair as I laid half naked next to her. She made an effort to put shorts and a t shirt on. 

"Hold on Gracie, I have to make a phone call real quick, sorry." I get up quickly, realizing what I have just done, and put on one of her oversized hoodies. 

"Calling your girlfriend to go break up with her for me?" She laughs at her own joke as I leave the room.

I go into her backyard and call Miguel. 

"Aubrey, you okay? Did Gracie do something?" He rushes to ask.

"No... me and her did something, though." I answer.

"What do you mean by that?" He sounds confused.

"I let her... do, do like... we did a thing and I don't know if I should be regretting it or be on cloud 9, giggling and laughing about it with Leo and telling him all about it." 

"Oh..OH.... maybe you should have called Leo because I don't think I wanna hear about that part of my twin sisters life."

"I told Leo I wouldn't do anything stupid. And this was the stupidest thing I could of done, it's in front of getting drunk or high with Gracie, so I should be proud of that, right?" 

"Gracie isn't a drug addict and you literally do drugs so..." He says.

"Wait did you find my stash or something?" I say panicked.

"THAT WAS A JOKE WHAT? AUBREY EXPLAIN YOURSELF RIGHT NOW." He shouts.

"Okay bye bye Miguel, love you lots!!" I hang up the phone and make my way back inside her house. I lay on the bed next to her.

"It wasn't stupid..." She says.

"Pardon?" I ask.

"You speak really loudly. I only heard that part, though." She looks at me and begins to play with my hair again. "What we did wasn't stupid. It tells me you're letting me back in to your life officially."

I nod. 

"I'm assuming you're staying the night? I could...use a little company." She kisses my cheek.

A huge smile appears on my face. "Anything for you."